Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-07-27, 18:11

Izotope Ozone 4 and other mastering software

I downloaded the demo version of Izotope's Ozone 4 and I have no idea how to open it.
Is Ozone 4 compatable with Record Reason? If so, how do i get it to work. If not, what mastering software do you recommend I use?

Help!
Old 2011-07-27, 18:25

Not sure, but if Ozone doesn't run as a standalone application then it will be only running as a plug-in in a plug-in compatible host. No way to use that in R+R.

Some people like T-Racks...
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/t-racks/features/

I like the Mastering Suite in Reason. Sometimes I like to use a different limiter but that's about it. If I have the option, I would prefer a mastering studio doing the job. No software will beat qualified ears and experience.

Old 2011-07-27, 19:13

It was a plugin last time I tried it. I don't believe there is a standalone option.
Record/Reason doesn't support plugins. However, there is nothing to stop you exporting your project as an audio file, then loading it up in just about any audio editor that does support plugins.
Editors like Audacity are free, and should allow you to try out Ozone.
Old 2011-07-27, 20:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luapy View Post
It was a plugin last time I tried it. I don't believe there is a standalone option.
Record/Reason doesn't support plugins. However, there is nothing to stop you exporting your project as an audio file, then loading it up in just about any audio editor that does support plugins.
Editors like Audacity are free, and should allow you to try out Ozone.
In the good/bad old days I could see Ozone in the list of effects in Audacity (you couldn't hear the effect of using it until you exported the audio through it - and it sucks using that way!) but I've just looked in version 1.3.13 and it isn't listed (and I rescanned).
Strange. Maybe the "demo" version of Reaper would be better to try it out?

A word of warning: don't try it out unless you have the readies to buy it. I did the demo and then cried for months as I couldn't get it.
Thank heavens for fairy godmothers who provide things to cry-babies.

Grum.