Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-08-13, 16:27

Smile Record (I think ... and tipp for people that plan to buy reason next time)

If people only need a software to record most audio, needs some nice effects and a nice mixer for a great price, I think they have to buy "RECORD" now / near next time.

They will get for this price a great software.

Why I´m posting that?

Because after reason 6 and Reason Essntial are ready to buy, record will be stopped.

So, people that wanna something (features, quality) for the price of RECORD, don´t get with "Reason-Essential" same quality like with Record. The mixers equalizers (very important) are only 2-band, you´ve only 4 sends (ok, may can be enough), but you´ve no gate and no compressor and no high/lowpass in mixer. And this are very good features and important features for to get good "audiorecording-results".

And there are nice Upgrade-options for what you buy no / neyr time.

So, I think and hope people who plan to buy something, thought about that.

This thread is only a tipp, for to give people you know, that plan to buy something next times.

(if a english-homespeech people can explain it better, will be fine :-)
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2011-08-13, 17:02

I think you have a very good point for the acoustic contemporary musicians out there that want to record great demos and expand their creative horizons. For someone who has no Propellerhead products now, Record 1.5 is $299 USD and Record 6 is going to be $449, so R6 is $150 more.

For that $150, you also get Audio Pitch Transpose and three new devices that appear to be beautiful for molding new textures to audio tracks; be it vocals, guitars or percussion. But, I’ve no doubt that your suggestion is worth noting for visitors that are making decisions at the moment.
Old 2011-08-13, 17:52
Propellerhead

To be correct, for that 150 dollars you get 3 new devices (pulveriser, echo, alligator)... plus all of Reason's previous devices that are not in Record so you get Kong, Redrum, NN19, NN-XT, Octorex, Malstrom, Thor, Subtractor, and maybe something I'm forgetting.

That's about 10 bucks a device just from that list... not too shabby. But I see your point for people who literally know they'll never want to use a drum machine, a sample, or a synth texture in their music.
Old 2011-08-14, 04:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanharlin View Post
... But I see your point for people who literally know they'll never want to use a drum machine, a sample, or a synth texture in their music.
Right. Thats the point.

But sorry, streetprice for "Record" is really smaller/lower then you post here (so there are more bucks between Record and Reason 6).

I mean the situation if a acoustic-musician has only money like that what Record cost´s. Then he´ve to choose between "Record" / "Reason Essential".

I think, some people often forget, 150 Bucks are for some young musicians or newcomer many, many money.

In that case, I think Record maybe the best buy because the features I named. Thats what I wanna say!
* MAC & PC *: Reason / Recycle / Reason Ess. (7.01 / 2 / 2.01), Ableton Live-Suite 8, Harrison Mixbus 2.3.1, Reaper, ReNoise, MuTools, Energy-XT, MOTU BPM (with / and all Plugs from MOTU), MakeMusic Finale 2012, NanoStudio - * PC *: Samplitude Pro (Favo on PC !), Cakewalk: Project 5 / Sonar XPro, FL-Studio (complete with many of those Plugs) - * MAC *: LogicPro 9.18, MOTU DP 7.24 (My Favo on MAC) - * Apple IOS-Musicsoftware *: simply All ...
* VST/AU *: All MOTU-Plugs, all AAS-Plugs, NI FM8 & P5 & B4, Arturia Moog V & MiniMoog & CS80 & Arp 2600, ImpOscar, Korg digital & analog Edition, CMS Hall & Masterplugs, Cakewalk DimensionPro & Rapture, Waldorf Edition, Synapse Dune and more
* REFILLS *: Over 98 GB of "Original"-ReFills (Props / Soundcells / Reasonbanks / SonicR. / Mirosl. / SonicF. / Synth X ... ... Mostly use own programmed Sounds) - * RE´s *: Some ...
* - Propellerhead-User since ReBirth (Steinberg), Reason-/ReCycle-User since V.1 - * / since 1986 Progr. / Develop. / BTest / Brainst

Old 2011-08-14, 04:38

In re-reading my and Ryan’s posts, we both affirm that your post has merit. You then come back and bite us on the ass. So, I’m sorry that I posted and all I know to say is, please -

Last edited by clarktw; 2011-08-27 at 03:25.
Old 2011-08-14, 10:05

I have reason/record Duo, and to be honest yes I do use the reason parts somewhat, but the main use is just record... so for some musicians this does make perfect sense...

But I do like to fiddle with Thor.... does that sound like a youthanism??
Old 2011-08-14, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktw View Post
In re-reading my and Ryan’s posts, we both affirm that your post has merit. You then come back and bite us on the ass. So, I’m sorry that I posted and all I know to say is, please -

???, you are talking about Reason 6 and I´m talking about "Record" against "Reason Essential" (pricing-class). So it is no bite in ... sorry if you think it is ...

And really, before I´m biting in some human a.. I´m think about to be urgently a vegetarian :-).