Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-08-30, 04:14

Mixer, Rack, Sequencer, LIVE

this is something for Reason 7 im sure but eventually i think Reason should add a fourth window,
a live clip/loop performance window comparable to ableton live's session view (im sure propellerheads can come up with their own amazing version).

this plus some refinements to the new digital audio capabilities would make Reason the complete package. you would be able to flip from mixer view to rack view to sequencer view to live view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg akai_edition_screenshot.jpg (20.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by realismo; 2011-08-30 at 04:40.
Old 2011-08-30, 04:53

While we're on the topic of windows, does anyone else ever wish they could change the aspect ratio of the rack window?
Old 2011-08-30, 05:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CranApple View Post
While we're on the topic of windows, does anyone else ever wish they could change the aspect ratio of the rack window?
i assume you mean the black space for the (useless IMHO) vertical navigators?

yes, i do. often. its one of the things i miss about working in only reason. cramps my style. i used to stick the rack next to the sequencer for knocking up ideas so i could change between instruments quickly, which can still be done, but the black bar is annoying because you cant see everything clearly all at once.
Old 2011-08-30, 05:44

yeah, i'm down with this. it would be a good direction. make it into more of an instrument.