Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-09-30, 06:19

Can't get Reason 6 to rewire

I've had no problems before rewiring Cubase 5 and Record/Reason 5 Duo but no luck getting Reason 6 to rewire. Anyone else having this issue
Old 2011-09-30, 06:29
Propellerhead

Mac or PC?

The first time I went to ReWire Logic to Reason 6 I had an issue and it was because Logic on my computer was the 32bit version. If Cubase is running in 32bit, then Reason needs to be in 32bit for Rewire to work. On a mac, that's as easy as just locating the Reason icon in the applications folder, choosing File -> Get Info in the Finder, and checking the Run in 32bit checkbox. Relaunch them both and ReWire will work.

On a PC I think you choose which version you install or install both and launch the right one for the right occasion.
Old 2011-09-30, 06:49

I have a Mac.. Interesting; --> Get Info tab doesn't give me the 32 bit option to check.. Neither does Cubase.. but some of my other apps do give that option...Is there another step I need to do to get this option visible?
Old 2011-09-30, 06:53

Never Mind.. I just found it.. I was checking on the Reason folder instead of the Reason Icon.. oops! Thanks.. I'll try it and see if it works..
Old 2011-09-30, 06:55

It Works!! Thanks again!! Lovin Reason 6
Old 2011-09-30, 15:08

Hmm, I have the same issue with Reaper. I tried Reason in 32-bit mode and that fixed it..
You say it depends on the host not being 32-bit right? My Reaper version 4 IS 64-bit. Strange
Old 2012-02-01, 02:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanharlin View Post
Mac or PC?

The first time I went to ReWire Logic to Reason 6 I had an issue and it was because Logic on my computer was the 32bit version. If Cubase is running in 32bit, then Reason needs to be in 32bit for Rewire to work. On a mac, that's as easy as just locating the Reason icon in the applications folder, choosing File -> Get Info in the Finder, and checking the Run in 32bit checkbox. Relaunch them both and ReWire will work.

On a PC I think you choose which version you install or install both and launch the right one for the right occasion.

Hey ryanharlin,

I have 32bit Reason 6 and 32 bit FL Studio. Everytime I attempt to rewire, FL Studio crashes. Any ideas?

Edit:
Finally found someone with a similar problem. It seems that 3 different rewire files get installed with Reason 6 (Windows 64 bit). However, the important one that gets installed in the Windows\SysWOW64 seems to be the problem child. What I did was disabled that one by adding "- backup" to the end of the file name. Then I copied the one from the Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Propellerhead Software\ReWire folder into the Windows\SysWOW64 folder and voila!! I think Propellerhead should really be aware of this. I'm not sure how to make them aware- hopefully they'll see this post.

Last edited by raleese; 2012-02-02 at 06:54.
Old 2011-09-30, 18:22

yes, not rewiring with latest version of ableton either. had no problems with all versions before.... very frustrating indeed!!
Old 2011-09-30, 18:35
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendonmoeller View Post
yes, not rewiring with latest version of ableton either. had no problems with all versions before.... very frustrating indeed!!
Ableton is not yet 64bit so you'll certainly need to do the checkbox I describe above.

And to answer the question from above, the host needs to be 64bit in order to ReWire at 64bit. To use a non-music metaphor...

Me and my friend want to travel along the beach and enjoy a day out in the sun together. My friend shows up ready to run along the beach and I show up on my bike ready to pedal along the beach. If I travel at bike speed and they jog... we won't exactly be compatible. So I have to throttle my speed down to bike at a much slower jogging speed to allow us to be compatible. That's sorta like the checkbox for "run as 32bit."
Old 2012-01-24, 01:11

Can't get it to work in FL Studio 10, even after installing the 32 bit version. It just hangs before it eventually crashes FL Studio. So it will try to start Reason 6, but it won't get past the first opening (welcome?) screen.