Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

View Poll Results: Do you experience performance problems since using Reason 6?
No, everything works fine - just like in former versions. 128 35.36%
Yes, something weird happens and seems to slow down my computer. 71 19.61%
Yes, I am using the 64 bit version. Performance is slower than usual. 114 31.49%
Yes, I am using the 32 bit version. Performance is slower than usual. 65 17.96%
No, I am using 32 bit version. Everything's fine and always was. 23 6.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 362. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-06, 10:31

Question Performance problems since using Reason 6

Heya!
I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing these problems so I thought I rather ask you other users before contacting any technical support.
For years I've been using Reason and Record in all available versions and lived happily with them.
Now, since I use the brandnew version of Reason I suddenly witness unexpected performance problems.
First, I realized that the scrolling activities (esp. when working in the note editor or automation lanes) are extremely slow.
But also I get to know this "Your computer is too slow..." message which I never had before!
This also appears sometimes on projects I've created with former versions of the program.
Think I should add that my PC isn't definitely too slow - it's rather some sort of power machine...
So my question:
Are you experiencing such problems as well?
Should I only wait for some kind of maintenance update?
Should we bother Propellerhead's technical support??
Please let me know.
Old 2011-10-06, 10:39

I'd be having the same problem too.
Old 2011-10-06, 22:01

I am definitely experiencing the same problems and dont know what to do....i have been working on songs that arent even as complex as some of my record 1.5 projects....i have had to export my tracks just to listen to them all the way through!!!

what should we do?
Old 2011-10-06, 22:40

I have just reverted back to v5 as performance was too bad for me.

A real shame as v6 looks awesome, but I had audio stuttering and glitches, and that was through a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 on an Intel Duo Core Macbook.

I use Reason extensively on stage with the band I play with at some pretty large shows and could not risk running v6, it's just too unstable at the moment.

So I will wait until some updates come available and try again.

PLEASE fix this Prop team or give us some sort of explanation at least.
Old 2011-10-15, 02:43

"Intel Duo Core Macbook."

There's your problem right there. Time to upgrade
Old 2011-10-15, 17:20

I have mac pro dual core 2.66 ghz bought when it was just out in 2010. We are 1 year later and you say time to upgrade ? Bullshit !!!!!!

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2011-10-15, 23:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAIDBACK View Post
I have mac pro dual core 2.66 ghz bought when it was just out in 2010. We are 1 year later and you say time to upgrade ? Bullshit !!!!!!
I know it is. But...

last year.... I bought a i7-860 2.8Ghz Acer Desktop/8 GB Ram from Business Depot. For $850 it was a great deal. it has 4 cores and 4 virtual cores....for a total of 8. It was plenty powerful and still is....

Maybe next time go for the most power you can, I bet you paid around double what I did.
Old 2012-09-24, 05:07

Angry Audio glitches in v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollymaw View Post
I have just reverted back to v5 as performance was too bad for me.

A real shame as v6 looks awesome, but I had audio stuttering and glitches, and that was through a Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40 on an Intel Duo Core Macbook.

I use Reason extensively on stage with the band I play with at some pretty large shows and could not risk running v6, it's just too unstable at the moment.

So I will wait until some updates come available and try again.

PLEASE fix this Prop team or give us some sort of explanation at least.
ME TOO!
I Have not able been ever to Trust V6 when it comes to recording...at times I haven't has any probems but they always come back...I can never get a clean recording without a stutter o, most most regularly glitches.
Old 2011-10-06, 22:44

I seem to have a bar on the DSP monitor as soon as I add a default thor and hit a key. I'm sure this wasn't the case in Record.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-10-06, 22:58

i also have a performance this sunday at a burning decompression event I dont know if I can use V.6

I'd hope i dont have to uninstall V.6 and reinstall record but if propellerhead can't respond in time its the only option