Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-10-07, 06:47

Mpk 25

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get the MPK 25 to show up under preferences>control surfaces>manufacturer Akai>Model drop down menu like the MPK49? I have seen a tutorial past this point, but not to this point. I have the preset program from Akai and most updated Firmware.

If I manually under preferences>control surfaces>manufacturer drop down menu other>Model drop down menu MIDI control keyboard then>MIDI Input Akai Port 1. The keyboard will work to some extent but looks to have to manually map pretty much everything.

Thanks for any help in advance,
JonMFD
Old 2011-10-07, 11:48

Its a pretty long process to type. Go to akaipro.com and download the remote map files and the instructions on how to do so are in the zip file. It also varies based on your os. its easiest to do on windows xp imo
Old 2011-10-07, 13:06

Some MPK25 remote issues

Sorry to Highjack slightly. I haven't been able to get any answers on this. Are there remote files that include anything (ala Kong) since R4 for the MPK25. I saw something in the MPK help thread, but it is only the typed out remote 'codes'. I think it used to be the remote file like what you would get from akaipro.com. I have looked into altering the current remote files, but am kinda lost.

Another question: recently, I was using remote overrides to add a change patch up and down function. I randomly chose button one and two of bank A. I chose them because they didn't have any other global function mostly. I understood that overrides only applied to a specific song. However, when I opened a new song, the two keys were still locked to up and down patch. I tried to clear the override, but that function was not available. I tried going into remote override mode, but that didn't help either. So, right now, those two buttons seem stuck on up and down patch, and I can't get back to using them for their intended functions with the mpk25 remotes. Can anyone tell be how to get back to where I was.

Thank you,
Hiphopblues
Old 2011-10-07, 13:11

When using remote override you have to save that session file as a template otherwise reason will delete it once that session is closed. the overrides only are good for the session being run unless otherwise saved. And no the remote codecs are for Reason 4.
Old 2011-10-07, 18:16

Get Reason 6 and it will find it automatically
Old 2011-10-10, 03:36

I have upgraded to reason 6 from 5 and unfortunately it does not automatically find the MPK25. I also have went to Akai's website and have the download for mapping. Using a MacBook Pro OSX. Not sure what the trick is.
Old 2011-10-10, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMFD View Post
I have upgraded to reason 6 from 5 and unfortunately it does not automatically find the MPK25. I also have went to Akai's website and have the download for mapping. Using a MacBook Pro OSX. Not sure what the trick is.
did you read the instructions?
Old 2011-10-10, 04:18

I read setting up with reason from Akai website. From manual: "If you are running Reason 4.0.1 or later, you can skip this section. The necessary files are automatically installed with Reason 4.0.1 or the 4.0.1 update." Only other section I see is setting up the MIDI clock. Unfortunately that isn't helpful.
Old 2011-10-10, 12:14

when setting up your mpk25 in reason 6, use the mpk49 settings. work like a charm
Old 2011-11-25, 17:08

You have to download the drivers. I had to do the same thing. I looked up a tutorial on youtube and found out how... I went to the akai website and such. Goodluck. Akai mpk25 is a good controller.