Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-10-11, 21:06

License number for upgrade

I just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Only thing inside the dvd box is the registration code and upgrade ID. Couldn't find my answer on the board or in the FAQ. (edit: nor does the manual speak on this matter)
Where should I look?

Last edited by FrederikDefyn; 2011-10-11 at 21:22.
Old 2011-10-11, 21:29

had the same problem, first register your reason 6 on the website, then restart :-) should be fine
Old 2011-10-11, 21:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgeysen View Post
had the same problem, first register your reason 6 on the website, then restart :-) should be fine
I cannot register on the website because I'm missing information. So I'm not sure what you're saying.
Old 2011-10-11, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikDefyn View Post
I cannot register on the website because I'm missing information. So I'm not sure what you're saying.
When you follow the instructions to register on the website make sure you select "Reason 6 upgrade" and not "Reason 6"
Old 2011-10-11, 22:16

Did not see that one, but makes allot of sense I just clicked 'launch browser' though. So feedback at Prop team: send me to the right page please.
I tried it manually and it works!
Old 2011-11-04, 18:44

i have the same problem...no lincense key in there...when i go to the upgrade id and i type the numbers in the field...they say me something goes wrong pls registrated your education serial number first before you cann upgrade it...but Reason 5 it is just Registrated...strange....maybe you have some idea? thx u
Old 2011-11-04, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJxpress View Post
i have the same problem...no lincense key in there...when i go to the upgrade id and i type the numbers in the field...they say me something goes wrong pls registrated your education serial number first before you cann upgrade it...but Reason 5 it is just Registrated...strange....maybe you have some idea? thx u
As I said in my last reply: don't go trough the link Reason gives you at startup, but go trough the website on your own.
Old 2012-10-14, 20:52
Foluke32

just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Only thing inside the dvd box is the registration code and upgrade ID. Couldn't find my answer on the board or in the FAQ. (edit: nor does the manual speak on this matter)
Where should I look?
Old 2012-10-14, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foluke32 View Post
just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Where should I look?
You must register your previous version first or it won't work.
Old 2012-10-15, 00:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikDefyn View Post
I just received the package of my Reason 6 upgrade. When I am trying to register it I have to give my license number, but... I don't seem to find it anywhere.

Where should I look?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foluke32 View Post

Where should I look?
Curious similarity there.