Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-10-14, 07:38

If not balance what?

I'm interested in balance but the price and lack of reviews put me off. Whats close to balance but without the price tag?
Old 2011-10-14, 18:20

When you buy an interface, you're really paying for the quality of the preamps and the converters. If you read some of the reviews are here you'll see that many people say the sound quality is well worth the money. There probably aren't many others in a similar quality at a lower price, but if you look for used gear you might be able to find a pretty good deal.
Old 2011-10-14, 18:48

And still, if you own Reason 6 already, there is no point in getting Balance for the current price, until PH comes up with an offer that doesn't include Reason Essentials. I am into getting a new interface in the next months and right now, some of the Focusrite ones will be much more what I would be into, like Scarlett 2i2, which I can get for like 1/3 of the price of Balance atm.

Last edited by emotica; 2011-10-14 at 18:51.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:02

How many inputs do you need, and what do you plan on recording?
Old 2011-10-14, 20:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotica View Post
And still, if you own Reason 6 already, there is no point in getting Balance for the current price, until PH comes up with an offer that doesn't include Reason Essentials. I am into getting a new interface in the next months and right now, some of the Focusrite ones will be much more what I would be into, like Scarlett 2i2, which I can get for like 1/3 of the price of Balance atm.
Reason Essentials is included free of charge so I don't think we'll see a reduction in price. I had Reason 6 and think that it is a good interface for the money and you get what you pay for.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:27

Free of charge bundled software? Don't think so. Why would it be free of charge, when people with Reason 1 can get it and get a free Reason 6 upgrade?
It's the interface + the upgrade price for Reason only users at least. And taking their own statement "we didn't liked current solutions", they should at least be aware of the other interfaces out there. Clip safe doesn't really nail it for someone that can read input meters.

You are right though, I do get what I pay for, which includes Essentials. Again, interfaces for 150€ out there. I love PH, don't get me wrong but they really should come up with something here, to actually *keep* customers with them. I don't even record stuff, I want clean sound and good latency for real-time playing, that's all I'm asking for.

Last edited by emotica; 2011-10-14 at 20:30.
Old 2011-10-14, 20:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotica View Post
Free of charge bundled software? Don't think so. Why would it be free of charge, when people with Reason 1 can get it and get a free Reason 6 upgrade?
It's the interface + the upgrade price for Reason only users at least. And taking their own statement "we didn't liked current solutions", they should at least be aware of the other interfaces out there. Clip safe doesn't really nail it for someone that can read input meters.

You are right though, I do get what I pay for, which includes Essentials. Again, interfaces for 150€ out there. I love PH, don't get me wrong but they really should come up with something here, to actually *keep* customers with them. I don't even record stuff, I want clean sound and good latency for real-time playing, that's all I'm asking for.
It was confirmed on these forums by a props employee that Reason Essentials is bundled free of charge so we won't see a cheaper release sans Reason Essentials. This was back when I was asking why there wasn't a none bundled version. It's all in the forums and can be found using search.

Balance is in a totally different class to 150 euro interfaces

Last edited by n0ahg; 2011-10-14 at 21:03.
Old 2011-11-12, 12:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Reason Essentials is included free of charge so I don't think we'll see a reduction in price. I had Reason 6 and think that it is a good interface for the money and you get what you pay for.
Balance is probably a great interface but there's no way it's worth $500 on its own.

You're kidding yourself if you think Reason Essentials is just included "for free, as a bonus". It's definitely making up a good chunk of the price and makes Balance a pretty stupid investment for people who already own Reason 6.
Old 2012-03-05, 05:43

And if you already own Reason 6, you have to drop full coin? I'd love to see a cheaper option for balance if you ALREADY OWN REASON!
Old 2012-10-10, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Reason Essentials is included free of charge so I don't think we'll see a reduction in price.
yes, this is the marketing claim.