Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2011-10-22, 05:09

Add "copy loop to track" feature to the NN-XT

Perhaps I missed it, but when a rex file is imported to the NN-XT there is no way to "copy loop to track" the same way it is possible with the Dr. OctoRex.

The current work around is to open the rex file in the Dr. OctoRex, select "copy loop to track" from the Dr. OctoRex, and then move the copied midi notes or entire note lane to the NN-XT track lane which has the same rex file loaded.

The "copy loop to track" from the NN-XT would be a great addition to the next version of Reason.

Thank you.

REASONISTAS INVENTORY
Sign up for Copy @ https://copy.com?r=oJPo1U, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the FREE 15 GB.

kHs One | Song Challenge | "300&ONE" Community Refill
ReDominator | Song Challenge | "188aTOR" Community Refill
Old 2011-10-22, 05:37

This is not really necessary because the Copy to Track thing is based on the Rex thing. When a Rex is opened in NN-XT it is a Sample and not a Rex any more. I think you have found the solution already.

Unless I miss something - which is entirely possible as I have only opened Rex about 4 times since V1.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2011-10-22, 06:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict View Post
This is not really necessary because the Copy to Track thing is based on the Rex thing. When a Rex is opened in NN-XT it is a Sample and not a Rex any more. I think you have found the solution already.

Unless I miss something - which is entirely possible as I have only opened Rex about 4 times since V1.

Yes, the NN-XT gives you much more control over the samples imported from a rex file. Although the Dr. OctoRex is a major improvement over the Dr. Rex it still doesn't peform many of the powerful sample editing features native to the NN-XT.

REASONISTAS INVENTORY
Sign up for Copy @ https://copy.com?r=oJPo1U, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the FREE 15 GB.

Old 2011-10-22, 07:26

Exactly, each instrument is entirely different and so set up for the task at hand.

I know it is tempting to want one tool that does everything but it just doesn't work out. Imagine if you had an electric hand drill that would also wash dishes. Cool! Great on the brochure but the 'extra' features would make it a pain to use for drilling holes as well as washing dishes. No longer cool.

Props are generally very good at finding the path of greatest openness and usability. The modularity of Reason is a great (invisible) feature in this respect.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2011-10-22, 17:32

Thanks for sharing your point of view on this feature suggestion. I think we are in agreement that being able to "copy loop to track" directly from the NN-XT allows users to benefit from the NN-XT's powerful sample editing features. If the user doesn't need those editing features they can choose to "copy loop to track" directly from the Dr. OctoRex instead. This is not changing each modules native capabilities or intended purpose.

REASONISTAS INVENTORY

Old 2011-10-24, 02:35

I agree. Honestly it would be nice if they would just combine the nnxt and octo-rex into 1 device. I don't know if I just don't know how to use the octo-rex properly or what but it seems very limited. One thing I hate most is how I HAVE to edit each slice one at a time. Like If I want to reverse the whole drum loop I have to go slice by slice reversing each slice, unlike the nnxt where I can simply reverse all "slice's" at once. I don't understand that
Old 2011-10-26, 23:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelglez View Post
Perhaps I missed it, but when a rex file is imported to the NN-XT there is no way to "copy loop to track" the same way it is possible with the Dr. OctoRex.

The current work around is to open the rex file in the Dr. OctoRex, select "copy loop to track" from the Dr. OctoRex, and then move the copied midi notes or entire note lane to the NN-XT track lane which has the same rex file loaded.

The "copy loop to track" from the NN-XT would be a great addition to the next version of Reason.

Thank you.
The only work around for now is to create an Octorex, load the loop, copy to track and then copy & paste the midi data to the NNXT note lane and delete the Octorex device altogether.

Does what you want and doesn't take to long (thankfully).
Old 2012-09-30, 22:02

a feature suggest perhaps.... oh oh oh.... it is in the proper thread.... ooops
Old 2012-10-02, 03:11

It would be great to see the NN-XT and Dr Octo Rex married into one unit?

I too get frustrated when i use the NN-XT/Dr Octo Rex Player,

For example, ill open a Dr Rex file and get something good going, usually by changing the octave or rearrange the Rex file,

BUT because i feel that the Dr Octo Rex player is very limited compared to the NN-XT, i would then like to open the same Rex file in a NN-XT and match the settings of the previous Dr Octo Rex player,

BUT usually find it next to impossible to actually do this.

I would settle for that sexy sample tool on the NN-XT being a new addition to the Rex player.

Also i dont understand why theres still buttons on the NN-XT that u cant automate?

Does any one know anything about the forth coming Reason 7?

Regards
Old 2012-10-02, 03:19

As there's virtually an unlimited amount of zones you can have there's an equally unlimited amount of these controls possible. That's why they can't be automated.