Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

View Poll Results: Would you like to see the mixer from Reason Essentials as an option in Reason?
Yes 9 25.71%
No 26 74.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-10-26, 15:45

Question Essentials mixer as an option in Reason?

I don't know about you but I like to be able to work on the go sometimes and when I do I find the SSL mixer in Reason 6 to be too big and cluttered. That is why I'd like to see the smaller mixer from Reason Essentials as an option next to the full SSL mixer in Reason. Even if I choose to hide parts in the full SSL mixer to resemble the mixer in Essentials, it still takes up too much screen estate.

In short: Would you like to see the smaller mixer from Reason Essentials available in Reason as an option next to the big SSL mixer?
Old 2011-10-26, 15:49

If you don't know what the mixer in Reason Essentials look like:

Closeup screenshot of the Reason Essentials mixing console
Old 2011-10-26, 17:49

It's like Reason's mixer with a limited EQ section. I voted "No", because you already can simplify the mixer as much as you want by hiding sections.

Old 2011-10-26, 17:53

Choice = decision.

I prefer just using what I've got instead of figuring out which one is the right one for what I'm starting.

http://www.soundcloud.com/ligumo
Old 2011-10-26, 23:02

How can you hide parts?
Old 2011-10-26, 23:08

Nevermind, figured it out—small buttons on the botom right of the screen. That's handy!

Although, what I think would be a good idea would be to not have so much per section (i.e. inserts have 4 and fx have 8 to start). Why do these sections need to be so big? Perhaps maybe make the mixer modular? Whereas, you start with a trimmed down SSL mixer and you are given the option to insert/make different sections larger. For example, if I just use 4 fx, it's still a waste of real estate when I expand the fx section to see half of it not used. It could act like the channel strips do—channels only show up when you create new channels)...
Old 2011-10-27, 11:33

I voted yes, as it would be good enough for my needs and is less cluttered. if I outgrow it I could switch back to the full Mixer.
Wee Joe.
Old 2011-10-27, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolshadow View Post
I voted yes, as it would be good enough for my needs and is less cluttered. if I outgrow it I could switch back to the full Mixer.
Wee Joe.
Just turn sections off that you're not using and don't use them. Genius.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2011-10-27, 14:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post
Please check out the screenshot, as far as I am aware this is a non scrollable screen with less EQ and a single line Master Effects section, this cannot be achieved with the current Reason mixer.
Regards Wee Joe. http://www.propellerheads.se/product...eup-1024px.jpg
Old 2011-10-27, 14:30

I've tried it and it's not the same. Like coolshadow points out it's a simpler version of the mixer that will actually fit on most peoples screens (even when on a laptop).

What I personally liked with Reason up to version 5 was that it was fairly fast and intuitive to work with. I think part of that was lost in Record and now Reason 6 and I think it's a point worth taking note of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushedbutton View Post