Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2011-11-19, 15:59
ibanez76767 ibanez76767 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Upgrading from record 1.5 to reason 6.

Hey guys, so I own Record 1.5 and it says right on the Propellerhead website that owners of Reason OR Record may utilize the upgrade to Reason 6. However it's not letting me do it. The insert that came with the upgrade gives me an Upgrade ID and Registration Code. But when asked to do it on the registration page it asks me for an Upgrade ID and a VERIFICATION Code. When I enter my information it says there was a problem and it can't register it. I'm so confused! Has anyone else encountered this problem? I e-mailed the support staff but haven't heard back and likely won't for a few days. Can anyone help?! Thanks!
  #2  
Old 2011-11-19, 16:24
tonalaxis's Avatar
tonalaxis tonalaxis is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,512
Are you choosing the 'Reason Upgrade' option?
  #3  
Old 2011-11-19, 16:31
tonalaxis's Avatar
tonalaxis tonalaxis is online now
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,512
At least you can download the demo as it is the full version. You just can't open anything you've saved until you get it registered.
  #4  
Old 2011-11-20, 04:50
ibanez76767 ibanez76767 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonalaxis View Post
Are you choosing the 'Reason Upgrade' option?
Yeah, the 'Reason Upgrade' option is the only form with an Upgrade ID option, but it doesn't work. So frustrating! I have Record 1.5 registered so it should work!
  #5  
Old 2011-11-26, 01:20
qaton qaton is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3
I'm in the same boat, any results for this??

DVD case says Registration code, web site says Verification code....
Plus, the upgrade ID is 8 digits and the web site is 6 digits??

Any help would be appreciated.
  #6  
Old 2011-11-26, 23:44
qaton qaton is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3
^^^ bump ^^^
  #7  
Old 2011-11-26, 23:53
tporett tporett is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 1
I too have had great frustration and have emailed Reason support three times over a week period with no reply. I've been a Reason user since version 1.0 and have never been so frustrated by this experience and the delay in response from the support folk.
  #8  
Old 2011-11-29, 00:21
qaton qaton is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3
Do people who work for Propellerheads ever respond to posts on these forums? -just curious if I should expect a response from them here, or just my emails to support.
  #9  
Old 2011-11-29, 01:21
MattiasHG's Avatar
MattiasHG MattiasHG is offline
Propellerhead
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez76767 View Post
Hey guys, so I own Record 1.5 and it says right on the Propellerhead website that owners of Reason OR Record may utilize the upgrade to Reason 6. However it's not letting me do it. The insert that came with the upgrade gives me an Upgrade ID and Registration Code. But when asked to do it on the registration page it asks me for an Upgrade ID and a VERIFICATION Code. When I enter my information it says there was a problem and it can't register it. I'm so confused! Has anyone else encountered this problem? I e-mailed the support staff but haven't heard back and likely won't for a few days. Can anyone help?! Thanks!
Your Reason 6 upgrade seems to already be registered so I hope it all worked out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaton View Post
I'm in the same boat, any results for this??

DVD case says Registration code, web site says Verification code....
Plus, the upgrade ID is 8 digits and the web site is 6 digits??

Any help would be appreciated.
Didn't want to reply directly on the forum here but I've e-mailed you with the reason it's not working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tporett View Post
I too have had great frustration and have emailed Reason support three times over a week period with no reply. I've been a Reason user since version 1.0 and have never been so frustrated by this experience and the delay in response from the support folk.
You're in a special position too as an EDU (as in, teacher) user. We're answer support e-mails as fast as we can and we realize that one week of waiting is not great - for that I apologize! However we'll try to get back to you as soon as possible so hang tight and we'll see how we can work it out.
__________________
  #10  
Old 2013-02-02, 02:57
harvest3835 harvest3835 is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Hey guys I just got reason 6.5. i was told that its really reason 6, but i can go on line and download record free which will make what i bought 6.5. I cant find the free record upgrade. What do i do?
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrading from Record 1.5 Duo to Reason 6... retroactiv General Forum (read only) 4 2011-11-06 04:12
Record for Reason Owner (Upgrade) Help! Fiery Phead User Forum (read only) 2 2011-07-21 19:32
Reason 5 is good, but... Espejo Phead User Forum (read only) 47 2011-05-10 08:07
Reason / DP / OMS Test Results Within... arothman General Forum (read only) 2 2003-03-05 03:26


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:59.