Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-12-01, 21:13

Markers in Reason

I would suggest that reason would add markers to label song parts. this would be so helpful for keeping track of where im at in a song.
Old 2011-12-01, 21:20

You can do this with Blocks, but you have to use Blocks.
Old 2011-12-01, 22:04

Yes please on markers!
Old 2011-12-01, 23:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryeye View Post
You can do this with Blocks, but you have to use Blocks.
Markers would still be a great addition. Not everyone uses blocks because they don't fit everyone's work flow.

Music

Artwork

Old 2011-12-02, 00:45

First off I LOVE blocks for putting together a song. But the FAIL as being markers. One example.

You are tracking a band and you want to mark a part that needs a punch in or, maybe mark where the chorus is in real time. This cant be done with blocks. Pro tools does this perfectly!
Old 2011-12-02, 03:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreampolice View Post
First off I LOVE blocks for putting together a song. But the FAIL as being markers. One example.

You are tracking a band and you want to mark a part that needs a punch in or, maybe mark where the chorus is in real time. This cant be done with blocks. Pro tools does this perfectly!
First off, you can use Blocks as markers even if you're not "using" blocks for tracks.

But like dreampolice says, it's not very easy. You can't 'drop' and name a marker as the song plays, or edit the name without first going into blocks mode, and you can't "go to" a block's location like you can with a marker. You can't see all the blocks in order in a list - you must zoom all the way out to see all the blocks/markers, nor can you use blocks to create selections, like to select everything from the top of Chorus 2 to the end of the Bridge, for example. :-)
USA
Old 2011-12-02, 06:25

Markers would be good if they were triggerable via midi...
Old 2012-08-25, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
First off, you can use Blocks as markers even if you're not "using" blocks for tracks.

But like dreampolice says, it's not very easy. You can't 'drop' and name a marker as the song plays, or edit the name without first going into blocks mode, and you can't "go to" a block's location like you can with a marker. You can't see all the blocks in order in a list - you must zoom all the way out to see all the blocks/markers, nor can you use blocks to create selections, like to select everything from the top of Chorus 2 to the end of the Bridge, for example. :-)
you can label them like other clips, it works okay. it would be cool to see blocks' functionality expanded.
Old 2012-01-06, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITUS View Post
Markers would still be a great addition. Not everyone uses blocks because they don't fit everyone's work flow.
Well, if you don't use blocks for sequencing, then use blocks for markers.
Old 2013-07-27, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNB1 View Post
Well, if you don't use blocks for sequencing, then use blocks for markers.
Yes, I guess the workflow thing doesn't apply in this case. However, I still think blocks are a cumbersome clunky work around for markers. In my imagination, the markers would be similar in appearance to the left and right loop markers but with triangle flags at the top. Think Wavelab style markers done Props style.

Music

Artwork