Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2011-12-14, 15:55

My alesis io2 (audio card) does not work with Reason 6.0?

i go to create audio track, and with audio track 1 the down arrow (where it say mono/stereo input) it says

''no audio inputs available, please check your sound card settings''

im basically trying to record with my microKORG XL via my alesis io2, and its
been a complete nightmare

it works fine with Cubase

iv checked edit> preferences menu

help me out here please, i think this is easily solved but i cant solve it, im a relative novice to reason and although i love it, i dont know what im doing and the help menu/tutorials dont cover this problem, cheers
Old 2011-12-14, 16:46

guys i have paid a lot of money for this and would appreciate some help, do i need to download asio drivers etc?
Old 2011-12-14, 17:08
Propellerhead

I think you are running Windows.

The Alesis IO2 ships without a driver, it uses the usbaudio.sys driver built into Windows.

Reason can only use inputs from ASIO drivers, not from DirectX or MME drivers which are native to Windows.

Alesis official advice is to use ASIO4ALL to "wrap" that driver into the ASIO interface.

Here's a step-by-step:

1. Download ASIO4ALL and get it set up for your Alesis IO2
2. In Reason Preferences -> Audio, select the ASIO4ALL driver
Old 2011-12-14, 18:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengstrom View Post
I think you are running Windows.

The Alesis IO2 ships without a driver, it uses the usbaudio.sys driver built into Windows.

Reason can only use inputs from ASIO drivers, not from DirectX or MME drivers which are native to Windows.

Alesis official advice is to use ASIO4ALL to "wrap" that driver into the ASIO interface.

Here's a step-by-step:

1. Download ASIO4ALL and get it set up for your Alesis IO2
2. In Reason Preferences -> Audio, select the ASIO4ALL driver
mate your a legend for trying to tackle the problem, cheers

ok iv selected the asio4all after downloading it, seemingly problem solved, i can record bass BUT i cant hear my mircroKORG (although i can see the green input bar moving when i press keys) AND i cant hear any playback for what iv recorded through my Cakewalk speakers anymore

i think this may be an output problem, any suggestions? ill keep trying meantime
Old 2011-12-14, 18:24

just to say i can hear my microkorg through my speakers now, i can record, but i cant hear Redrum etc
Old 2011-12-15, 12:21
Propellerhead

Make sure you select both outputs and inputs for your IO2 in the ASIO4ALL control panel. I think that would be the default.

Is the Microkorg connected to the input of the audio interface?
Are the speakers connected to the main output of the audio interface?

In that case the normal working condition is to hear the synths you create in Reason and not what is connected to the inputs.

If you create a audio track, and verify that the green monitoring symbol is enabled in the track list, then you should hear the Microkorg connected to the interface inputs through the monitoring feature.