Propellerhead Software
Old 2011-12-25, 18:56
DoualaVision

Need Help with Registration!

So I've been using Reason 6 in the demo version for a couple months now, compiling a pretty lengthy list of tracks. I just officially bought Reason 6 and am quite excited to finally be able to listen to them all again.

But, I am attempting to register it and the license number and registration code supplied in the DVD case are just a series of strange words e.g. pahlink, and some of the words are one or two characters too long to fit in the boxes supplied on Reason's registration page. So, I'm unable to register.

I've tried everything, including contacting support, but I have no idea how long it will take before they respond.

Am I missing something or is this just some crazy mistake on Propellerhead's part?

Thanks for any help.
Old 2012-11-23, 22:32

did you get this figured out? i'm having the same issue. sooo frustrating.
Old 2012-11-23, 22:36

Hey Chrisandcrystal,

You may want to check out this thread by the same user where he got some useful information, I also suggest you contact support and be patient, they will be able to help you!

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=152128
Old 2012-11-23, 22:54

I saw this thread already (I have searched the internet high and low). The problem is that I didn't buy the software from Propellerhead (I bought it from Guitar Center), so there won't be any license / reg code associated with my newly created account until I can register the product (so that thread doesn't help me).

Propellerhead's support is closed until Monday and I need to lay some tracks down before the weekend is over. There have been a lot of users who have experienced this but never share the resolution, so please help! (I promise to share the ultimate fix so no one has to be frustrated with this problem again).

This is what it looks like in the booklet (it's some sort of onomatopoeia):

I blacked out the text because I'm not sure if the text actual means anything but it's a lot like this:

LICENSE NUMBER
- plank, polak, plink.
(minimal techo)

REGISTRATION CODE
- tooty, twat, teet, too.
(Jazz improvision)

I'd rather there be no license / reg code than this :\
Old 2012-11-24, 12:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisandcrystal View Post

I blacked out the text because I'm not sure if the text actual means anything but it's a lot like this:

LICENSE NUMBER
- plank, polak, plink.
(minimal techo)

REGISTRATION CODE
- tooty, twat, teet, too.
(Jazz improvision)

I'd rather there be no license / reg code than this :\
Listen, reason and other propellerhead products have a license key that looks a little like this:

Reason 6.5: RSN650-1234-567890
Limited: REL100-1234-567890-AV1A-A12B-A12B
(These are made up numbers just to show you what you should see).

Dunno about balance/essentials licenses.

If you dont have a code like that, its not going to register. So either there is something you are not reading in the manual of your copy, or you have been screwed. It seems the other guy that started this thread still doesnt have a working version. So this emphasizes what i mean.