Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-01-10, 00:04

Slave Mode

Hey all,

I'm having trouble using rewire to slave reason to pro tools 8. It's been a while since I've worked with reason and I can't figure what the problem is. I have checked out the tutorial to help clarify and it appears Reason isn't automatically entering slave mode, or at least I think. I have opened them in the right order (pro tools then reason as an insert). In the tutorial online it says:

"Reason will enter ReWire slave mode, as indicated on the Hardware Interface. This means that all audio now is handled by Pro Tools – the ReWire host."

However, looking at the Hardware Interface section in reason, the active audio driver says "Digidesign Mbox 2" instead of "Rewire Slave mode." I'm most positive this is where my problem lies. Also, when I create an instrument in reason, Pro Tools won't allow me to set the output of the PT audio track under the instrument column to the instrument I've created. This leads me to believe again that Reason isn't slaving to PT. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2012-01-10, 00:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timyon View Post
Hey all,

I'm having trouble using rewire to slave reason to pro tools 8. It's been a while since I've worked with reason and I can't figure what the problem is. I have checked out the tutorial to help clarify and it appears Reason isn't automatically entering slave mode, or at least I think. I have opened them in the right order (pro tools then reason as an insert). In the tutorial online it says:

"Reason will enter ReWire slave mode, as indicated on the Hardware Interface. This means that all audio now is handled by Pro Tools – the ReWire host."

However, looking at the Hardware Interface section in reason, the active audio driver says "Digidesign Mbox 2" instead of "Rewire Slave mode." I'm most positive this is where my problem lies. Also, when I create an instrument in reason, Pro Tools won't allow me to set the output of the PT audio track under the instrument column to the instrument I've created. This leads me to believe again that Reason isn't slaving to PT. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Have you recently upgraded to Reason 6? If so, you'll need to run it in 32 bit mode for PT to see it as a ReWire Slave.

On a Mac you do this by "getting info" for Reason and selecting the "Run in 32 bit mode" (or similar) checkbox. :-)
USA
Old 2012-01-10, 00:22

Fantastic!

You got it my friend, that was exactly the issue. Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm running reason essentials on an Intel Mac 10.5. Thank you so much for your help, Giles. Very much appreciated!
Old 2012-01-10, 03:38

Oops!
Guess he got it going already

Bardo
http://www.mixposure.com/bardo/
Old 2012-06-30, 06:15

Selig You Are A Genius. I spent all day trying to figure this out and little did I know one simple check of a box would make everything work. Thank You So Much !!
Old 2012-08-17, 05:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
Have you recently upgraded to Reason 6? If so, you'll need to run it in 32 bit mode for PT to see it as a ReWire Slave.

On a Mac you do this by "getting info" for Reason and selecting the "Run in 32 bit mode" (or similar) checkbox. :-)
where do you find "getting info" at?
Old 2012-09-11, 13:12

Thanks a lot, saved me having to figure it out for myself!