Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-01-23, 07:18

New Revised Version Of The Nektar Panorama Controller Synth For Reason(16 Pad Version

Now this is what we are looking for, KONG here we come.

Quote:
The Nektar Panorama P4 49-Note Keyboard Controller has been custom designed for the user to have full control over all the functions and features in Propellerhead Reason. The Panorama is different to other generic controllers. It's sole purpose is to cater for Reason producers and musicians who have been looking for a controller that does it all.
The Panorama P4 from Nektar Technology had been integrated with their very own communication protocol that has been custom developed for Reason software. This makes the Panorama keyboard controller work in perfect harmony with Reason. There are two main sections to the Panorama, where the user has control over Reason's Mixer and Channel Strip. Also a velocity-sensitive drum pad with sixteen triggers for MIDI assign and samples. The on-board display clearly lets the user know which parameter is assigned and currently controlled by Panorama. The display has been designed this way so it may look identical to the display screen in reason, making workflow quick and easy for the user.
There are two buttons on the Panorama P4 that are not graphically represented on the display. Above the 9th fader we positioned a toggle button which allows you to toggle through assignment options for the 8 encoders. This is how you gain access to each of the FX send parameters in the Reason mixer. Press the button once and you assign all 8 encoders to Send 1, press again and they are assigned to Send 2 etc. Below the 9th fader, there is also a toggle button. Press it and you step through the assignment options available for the 8 LED buttons. Options include Mute, Solo and Select track.
The mixer channel strips in Reason are comprehensive and like the real world hardware - quite long! Panorama breaks the channel strip down in to manageable localized sections, accessible at the push of a button. From the mixer menu, you have access to EQ, Dynamics, Inserts and Sends across the buttons below the display. Pressing the ‘EQ’ display button updates the screen to show the assignment of the 8 encoders to the right of the display.
The main features of Nektar Panorama P4 include:
  • 49-Note Keyboard Controller
  • Custom designed for Propellerhead Reason
  • Integrated with communication protocol
  • Mixer Control
  • Channel Strip Controls
  • 16 Velocity Pads (Updated from the previous 12)
  • Modulation Wheel
  • Pitch Bend
  • Graphic Display

Last edited by scottym; 2012-01-23 at 08:33.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:38

Boy, I love this thing - cant wait to try one.

Gosh this things so damn sexy... O.o

Im like a giddy kid at Christmas for one a those.....
Old 2012-01-23, 18:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasCricket View Post
Boy, I love this thing - cant wait to try one.

Gosh this things so damn sexy... O.o

Im like a giddy kid at Christmas for one a those.....

Yeah... no messing about with additional buttons to get to the forth row.
Old 2012-01-23, 19:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottym View Post

Now this is what we are looking for, KONG here we come.

Old 2012-01-24, 03:41

Does your amended version also include motorized faders or touch led strips? Sliders that don't mimic your project are a waste of space. I also haven't heard anything good about the keybed...anybody here get to try it? Perhaps the new version can incorporate a fatar keybed as well
Old 2012-01-24, 05:43

I think I just came all over myself!
Old 2012-01-24, 05:45

Where did you find this link/picture? Even the nektar website makes no mention of this new model....
Old 2012-01-24, 06:06

show me a price tag before i say anything nice about this one
Old 2012-01-24, 07:08

LMAO.... good one. saw you post that in another thread a few days ago. thought this was real till I saw your user name. lol

Boom 808 Percussion Synth - Tick Tick Step Sequencer - Antidote - Polysix - Buffre - Pulsar - Uhbik A - Uhbik D - Resampler - Glitch Effect - Rough Rider - Saturation Knob - Audiomatic Retro Transformer - RE 180 Dynamic Driver - Morfin XF Crossfader - CV Suite Line Processor - WBL5515 - WBL3001 - ReMark Rack Divider - Scope CV and Audio Oscilloscope
Old 2012-01-29, 16:49

in a survey from nektar the price range would seem to be $499-$699 ish...