Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-01-29, 22:11

Reason 6 Owner, Purchased Balance w/ Essentials. Do I get a 2nd Reason 6 Upgrade?

Ok, I have two questions regarding Balance/Essentials and the upgrade process:

I own a copy of Reason 6 (which is registered) and was interested in purchasing Balance as my audio interface. So, after much research, I did. It's on it's way. However, it comes with Reason Essentials, which I do not need. Since I already own Reason 6...

1) Do I need to still install Reason Essentials just to use/register the Balance interface? The sticker on the interface says install Reason Essentials first. Or am I good to go not installing anything and just plugging the interface with Reason 6 without having to register Essentials? (Meaning I could give away the full unused copy of Essentials to my brother for him to register)

Since I technically am a previous owner of Reason (owning a copy of Reason 6 before I ever purchased Balance/Essentials) and Propellerhead says, "Already own Reason? Balance comes with a free upgrade to Reason 6 for owners of previous versions."

2) Technically, shouldn't I get a free upgrade to a 2nd copy of Reason 6 after my purchase of Balance/Essentials? Or is it only for those that had simply the older versions of Reason? If not, I would find that a little silly especially since I paid full price for both products, knowing that Essentials was... essentially worthless.

My apologies for the long post. Hope my questions were clear and I appreciate those who take the time to answer.

Dan
Old 2012-01-29, 22:18

Well, the upgrade eligibility info in the props shop says
Quote:
For owners of Reason 1-5, Balance with Reason Essentials also comes with a free upgrade to brand new Reason 6!
So, I think, technically, the answer to your question is - no, you don't get a second reason 6.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano

Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2012-01-29 at 22:20.
Old 2012-01-29, 22:19

You don't need to register Reason Essentials to use Balance. You will only receive a Reason 6 upgrade if you have a qualifying product on your account.

I owned Reason 6 when I bought Balance so I didn't get the upgrade. Grab an old Reason licence before registering Reason Essentials and you will still qualify.

Last edited by n0ahg; 2012-01-29 at 22:27.
Old 2012-01-29, 22:20

good topic my Friend i see why you are concerned not sure on this one but someone will answer you soon im sure Good luck .
Old 2012-01-29, 22:22

i see you are bieng answerd nice one im learning something here to
Old 2012-01-31, 21:39

Great question Dangore. I have been wondering this too. I would love to try the Balance in my system. I'm a long time Reason User since 3, and have upgraded with every new version release.

I'm still wondering why Balance hasn't been offered to Reason 6 users. Unless the Essentials software is the only software that works with Balance in capturing audio. Then exporting to the full Reason 6 for your full projects. That would be the only "reason" I can see.

How about a response from the PropHeads?
Old 2012-01-31, 22:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtsong View Post
I'm still wondering why Balance hasn't been offered to Reason 6 users. Unless the Essentials software is the only software that works with Balance in capturing audio. Then exporting to the full Reason 6 for your full projects. That would be the only "reason" I can see.
Balance is offered to anyone who wants to purchase it - it works with R6. If you want Balance, it's $500. it comes with free software, Essentials, which is a subset of R6.

Here's the comparison chart showing the difference:
http://www.propellerheads.se/product...mparison-chart

If you already have R6, you don't need Essentials, and you can sell or give away the Essentials license.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano