Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-01-31, 20:22

Change Of Username Question ...

I sent a request to Propellerheads a lil while ago asking for a change of username ...

They replied back ( thanks Props ! ) letting me know that "they have changed my username and that "I should update my log in info accordingly"...

Does anyone know what the next step should be in order to "activate" my new username ?

Any help towards the right direction will be appreciated !
Old 2012-01-31, 21:19

Personally, I don't understand the fascination you young whipper-snappers have with changing user names. It seems like that's all anyone wants to do these days: change user names. When I was a youngun, like it or loathe it, we stuck with our God-given user names. It builds character.

But seriously, I'd write them back and tell them that neither you or the old guy on the forums understands what they are trying to tell you in that message, and that you would appreciate more in-depth clarification.
Old 2012-01-31, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbain View Post
But seriously, I'd write them back and tell them that neither you or the old guy on the forums understands what they are trying to tell you in that message, and that you would appreciate more in-depth clarification.
The reason that i decided to ask for help in the forums instead of emailing Props is that I rather have them allocating their precious time and resources to more serious issues that other people might be having !
It is out of common courtesy to our fellow Reason users ...

The motivation behind my change of username got nothing to do with vanity ... it is for pure practical reasons

Last edited by d0nn; 2012-10-31 at 22:18.
Old 2012-01-31, 23:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nn View Post
First of all Mr Grown up : If you got nothing good to say, don't say it at !
Didn't your mother taught you some respect ?
You are not being helpful ... just bitter !
Do a favor to yourself and ... keep the judgmental attitude for yourself ... !
Now that will built you some character !
It is obvious from the tone of your post that you still have a long way to go ...
I was kidding you. I tried to make it evident that I was teasing by saying things that were way over the top and obviously not rooted in any sort of reality. Look again at what I wrote, and you'll se how ridiculous it was:

"It seems like that's all anyone wants to do these days: change user names. When I was a youngun, like it or loathe it, we stuck with our God-given user names. It builds character."

Among other things, Since changing user names is not "all anyone wants to do these days" and since user names are not "God-given", I honestly thought that everyone would understand I wasn't being serious. Also, I called you a "young whippersnapper", when in reality, I have no way of knowing how old you are. You could be older than me, for all I know.

I'm sorry if it offended you - I was just being playful. I need to remember to put smileys on posts; not everyone understands everyone else's types of humor.

Quote:
The reason that i decided to ask for help in the forums instead of emailing Props is that I rather have them allocating their precious time and resources to more serious issues that other people are having !
It is out of respect to our fellow Reason users ... nothing more , nothing less ...
I was serious. If I understood what the email they wrote you meant, I would have told you, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I suggested you write them back and ask them. I was trying to be helpful. Honestly, I was.
Quote:
Last but not least ...
The motivation behind my change of username got nothing to do with vanity ... it is for pure practical reason !
But regardless ... it is non of your business !
I don't care what your motivation is, nor do I care how many times you change your user name. Again, the entire first paragraph was just teasing. I honestly expected no one to take it seriously.

Last edited by mbain; 2012-01-31 at 23:56.
Old 2012-02-01, 00:00

Quote:
I was kidding you. I tried to make it evident that I was teasing by saying things that were way over the top and obviously not rooted in any sort of reality. Look again at what I wrote, and you'll se how ridiculous it was:

"It seems like that's all anyone wants to do these days: change user names. When I was a youngun, like it or loathe it, we stuck with our God-given user names. It builds character."

Among other things, Since changing user names is not "all anyone wants to do these days" and since user names are not "God-given", I honestly thought that everyone would understand I wasn't being serious.

I'm sorry if it offended you - I was just being playful. I need to remember to put smileys on posts; not everyone understands everyone else's types of humor.

I was serious. If I understood what the email they wrote you meant, I would have told you, but it didn't seem clear to me, so I suggested you write them back and ask them. I was trying to be helpful. Honestly, I was.

I don't care what your motivation is, nor do I care how many times you change your user name. Again, the entire first paragraph was just teasing. I honestly expected no one to take it seriously.
No worries
I tried to avoid emailing Props again but it seems I might have to ...

Last edited by d0nn; 2012-10-31 at 22:19.
Old 2012-02-01, 00:03

Quote:
No worries then ... Apology accepted .
Thank you very much. I need to remind myself form time to time that not everyone has a strange sense of humor like mine.
Old 2012-01-31, 23:38

Quote:
we stuck with our God-given user names. It builds character.
Why stick with your full name account, used for registration, when you later find out that it appears like that in the forums as well? 'Character' nowadays includes basic skills in the art of digital camouflage...
Old 2012-01-31, 23:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmygoff View Post
Why stick with your full name account, used for registration, when you later find out that it appears like that in the forums as well? 'Character' nowadays includes basic skills in the art of digital camouflage...
User Names are not God-given at all, and none of it has anything to do with someone's character. I was just teasing. It obviously didn't work so well. I apologize for the poor delivery or poor sense of humor, but probably both.
Old 2012-02-01, 00:08

Quote:
User Names are not God-given at all, and none of it has anything to do with someone's character. I was just teasing. It obviously didn't work so well. I apologize for the poor delivery or poor sense of humor, but probably both.
No problem

Last edited by d0nn; 2012-10-31 at 22:21.
Old 2012-02-01, 05:48

psst - I got it. I may even have cracked a smile... BUT THAT'S ALL YOU GET!