Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-02-04, 18:26

reason 6 demo key ignition driver could not be started

I get this message when I try and open reason 6.01 demo:

key ignition driver could not be started key ignition driver failed to start

any ideas?
Old 2012-02-04, 18:30

I'm not positive this applies without a hardware ignition key, but it's worth a look. https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...ted#post944292
Old 2012-02-05, 08:12

Thanks for replying
Old 2012-03-22, 16:55
schmor

Same here!
Suddenly I cant start the Reason 6 demo anymore. I get a message like "Cant start the driver software of the ignition key" (In German: "Die Treibersoftware des Ignition Keys konnte nicht geladen werden".

Like I said. It's just the demo. What do?

Last edited by schmor; 2012-03-22 at 16:58.
Old 2012-03-22, 17:00

Which OS and have you applied any updates or installed/uninstalled anything recently?
Old 2012-03-22, 17:18
schmor

I have a macbook pro running OSX Lion 64bit. The demo was running fine in the past few days but Ive got that error message once In a while in the past too. But now Reason 6 demo won't start at all.

Quote:
any updates or installed/uninstalled anything recently?
Yes, I did install the drivers for my Line6 Pod Studio GX today. Then I tried to start Reason and it said that I needed some kind of updates for my POD GX in order to run properly with Reason 6. I did that now but still Reason 6 wont open. This is the error message I get "Ignition-Key Treiber liess sich nicht starten Die Treibersoftware der Ignition Keys konnte nicht gestartet werden"

means something like "Couldnt start Ignition key driver - The driver software of the ignition key couldnt be started"

/edit: I uninstalled the driver of my Line6 Pod GX but still I get the same error message when trying to start the reason 6 demo

Last edited by schmor; 2012-03-22 at 17:47.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:04
schmor

So what should I do now?
I reinstalled the reason 6 demo (which means I simply deleted the folder and copied it again from the .DMG file). I also deleted the drivers of my POD GX.

I still get the same error message. I dont think I will have this problem once my full version of reason 6 arrives but until then Id like to play around with the demo some more.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmor View Post
So what should I do now?
I reinstalled the reason 6 demo (which means I simply deleted the folder and copied it again from the .DMG file). I also deleted the drivers of my POD GX.

I still get the same error message. I dont think I will have this problem once my full version of reason 6 arrives but until then Id like to play around with the demo some more.
Follow the instructions in the thread below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdFloorSound View Post
I'm not positive this applies without a hardware ignition key, but it's worth a look. https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...ted#post944292
Old 2012-03-25, 21:39
schmor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
Follow the instructions in the thread below:
Thanks for the reply, but the link doesnt work for me. I guess you must have some products registered before you can see that thread. Could somebody be so kind and tell me what is says in that thread?
Old 2012-03-25, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmor View Post
Thanks for the reply, but the link doesnt work for me. I guess you must have some products registered before you can see that thread. Could somebody be so kind and tell me what is says in that thread?
Sorry about that!

Here:

Download CM latest driver.
Run the CM uninstaller to uninstall your current driver.
Run the CM installer and choose KEXT3G only.
You should be good to go.

More complete instructions here, but I don't know if you can see it:

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...icle&ArtID=643