Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-03-27, 23:37

Native Instruments RE plugins?

I got Komplete 8 a while ago. for now I'm just using it inside logic while rewiring Reason 6 with it but it would be awesome if Native Instruments create RE versions of their plugins so I can skip Logic Pro & run it inside Reason.

will this even be possible?

I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?
Old 2012-03-28, 09:13

maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.

Check out my debut E.P sustainable destruction on bandcamp.

http://omicron.bandcamp.com/
Old 2012-03-28, 11:05

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwill1s View Post
maybe Razor and Massive could be ported to RE, but you don't have a chance with Reaktor and very limited chance with Kontakt.
Razor IS Reaktor. Massive is cack
Old 2012-03-28, 11:15

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hessel123 View Post
I heard that the plugin API is stil very limited, but would it be too limited to let Native Instruments convert their plugins to RE format?
It depends on what NI wanted to do. Most likely they would wish to test the water first. Reaktor Player is likely to be the first thing to come over IMHO.

From what I know of programming and GUI technicalities, the 2 easiest to do would be Absynth and FM8. Guitar Rig, full Reaktor including Core, and Kontakt? Forget about it.

Over time the Props will of course widen the boundaries themselves, but I imagine it's quite likely that someone will develop a VST bridging RE. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, and in fact as so many plugins have DirectSound versions, it may not even need to involve VST at all, which for me would be a preference in all honesty.

Cheers
Old 2012-03-28, 15:39

A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
A reduced version of Kontakt should be possible, I mean the ensembles as rack extensions, not the whole kontakt rack.
I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).
Old 2012-03-28, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
I think you mean Reaktor... the modular system for building devices (referred to as ensembles).
also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.
Old 2012-03-28, 17:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1985 View Post
also kontakt has ensembles, the single rack devices inside kontakt.

These would fit perfectly inside the Reason rack.
I think the term used by NI is Kontakt instrument. They use "Ensemble" for Reaktor devices, even the file extension is .ens. Anyways, I get your point. In this case, a better option would be a Kontakt player, like the AU/VST/RTAS one, that would be able to play any Kontakt content. It'd be good to have a Reaktor player too. Out there the players are free but the content is not, we could have the same inside Reason (though I'd pass since I already own NI Komplete).
Old 2012-10-10, 12:39

"VST bridging RE"....yes please!!!
Old 2012-10-10, 19:15

I like the idea of a VST bridging IDE. It's something I would want to buy for sure. I've been wanting to use Kontakt without leaving Reason for a long time.