Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-04-01, 01:28

FM7/8 synth for Rack Extensions.

I would love this as I like using FM8 but never finish a song as not into Rewire. Thors FM oscillators and capabilities are just not the same. Suppose it would take Native Instruments or Yamaha to sign up for RE or if someone like U-he did a good FM synth plugin independently.

I have a feeling it will happen at some stage in the future.
Old 2012-04-01, 03:53

Talking Korg is no slouch

Korg has signed on, and in truth it is a better set-up than Yamaha, Native Instruments, even Roland. Back in the nineties Yamaha bought Korg to up grade their technology (Yam), when this was complete they came out with the SY-77. Korg was to put out the trinity, but Yamaha had creative rights (I am told), therefore they took the new Technology and Korg put out a striped down model instead. In the mid 2000's Korg required their company back and started creating again and put out the Triton. Which is a better system than the early Motif. I say all of that to say this, with Korg doing RE's we are going to get some of their classic sounds and maybe a bunch of their new innovation. They could even be an addition to the Line 6 effects because they have similar effects in their arsenal. Just having another FM library would not be all that glamorous but to have what Korg can put into the mix would be very good.
Old 2012-04-01, 05:00

Lightbulb Found this from Korg in their new Kronos

STR-1 Plucked String Synthesizer
Physical modeling sound engine
Based on the physical modeling know-how Korg developed over the course of many years, this struck/plucked-string physical modeling sound engine takes advantage of cutting-edge technology. The STR-1 begins with highly playable sounds whose tone responds to your touch in ways that are difficult for a PCM sound engine to replicate. These include acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harpsichord, clavinet, harps, bells, and ethnic instruments.

If they can do this in their own instruments and now can do it in RE, it is possible they will.
Old 2012-04-01, 19:07

Electribe's as RE version would be logical sicne they already have a iPad Software version
Old 2012-04-01, 22:07

@ mrbritt you have gotten me even extra excited about Korg being on board for RE! The STR-1 Plucked String Synthesizer, Physical modeling sound engine sounds excellent and innovative.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbritt View Post
STR-1 Plucked String Synthesizer
Physical modeling sound engine
Based on the physical modeling know-how Korg developed over the course of many years, this struck/plucked-string physical modeling sound engine takes advantage of cutting-edge technology. The STR-1 begins with highly playable sounds whose tone responds to your touch in ways that are difficult for a PCM sound engine to replicate. These include acoustic guitar, electric guitar, harpsichord, clavinet, harps, bells, and ethnic instruments.

If they can do this in their own instruments and now can do it in RE, it is possible they will.
How about the MOD-7 Engine instead

Last edited by Anomecron; 2012-04-02 at 17:36.
Old 2012-04-02, 03:44

A real FM synth is high on my RE want-list.
Old 2012-04-03, 23:10

Mine too! Missing that "proper FM magic" a´la DX7 / FM8 in Reason. Sampling those kinds of sounds is not really much of an option either, since mimicking the super-expressive way a classic FM-synth´s timbre could react to velocity would mean gigantic (and inconvenient) "superstacked multisampled multi-keygroups" in the NN-XT... Just creating such a library would be incredibly difficult, time-consuming and tedious.

But hey, if anybody out there with a DX7 II, incredible skills and the patience of a saint should happen to read this - by all means go ahead and do it !!! I would buy that Refill in a heartbeat ! ;- )
Old 2012-04-03, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomecron View Post
How about the MOD-7 Engine instead
That's the FM synth in the Kronos keyboard! Now that would be cool! You never know!
Old 2012-04-04, 00:52

Smile

Contact one of your favorite software developers and see if they will get on board. That is what I am doing. I like to see the Eventide people do effects in RE, and also someone do notation.