Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-06-07, 09:10

Crossing the dark side

Ok guys, I admit I just bought a Maschine Mikro and "that one dubstep synth" everyone rags on by NI (starts with an M). I'm spending time away from my hometown this summer and this seemed like a good, extremely portable solution (not to mention the cosigns by various people on the PUF).

I'm curious on the best way to integrate these with Reason; yes, Reaper is easy enough to use but Id much rather keep as much production in Reason as possible.

What workflows have you guys found most helpful for Reason+Maschine, and/or Reason+AU/VST? (I guess even Reason+Komplete for that matter)

Still crossing my fingers for a RE port though...

~*Ryan Mals*~

Old 2012-06-07, 11:45

I think you'll discover very soon what a beast Mashine really is as you delve a bit deeper into it..LOL Reason and Mashine don't really sit that well together to be honest. Machine handles VST instrument and effects inputs very well as a stand alone with a keyboard controller, I think you'll end up creating all your track loops in Mashine and then importing them as mixed and refined WAVE files back into Reason if you want to add an audio track and use the reason mixer and effects.. It's a very, very cool bit of kit ;-P.
Old 2012-06-07, 18:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV42 View Post
I think you'll discover very soon what a beast Mashine really is as you delve a bit deeper into it..LOL Reason and Mashine don't really sit that well together to be honest. Machine handles VST instrument and effects inputs very well as a stand alone with a keyboard controller, I think you'll end up creating all your track loops in Mashine and then importing them as mixed and refined WAVE files back into Reason if you want to add an audio track and use the reason mixer and effects.. It's a very, very cool bit of kit ;-P.
That makes a lot of sense, I know there are ways to ReWire R6 into Maschine but I'm not sure how flexible they are as far as one instrument track per one ReWire output. I've seen few posts floating around about "Drag and Drop" from Maschine into Reason but maybe I'm mistaken? (Come to think of it, it could always be AppleScripted if worse comes to worse I bet).

And a side note about Massive:
----------
1st time hearing Skrillex: :/
Hearing Skrillex after learning Thor:
Hearing Skrillex after learning Malstrom:
Hearing Skrillex after discovering Massive and Modern Talking:

~*Ryan Mals*~

Old 2012-06-07, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmals View Post
And a side note about Massive:
----------
1st time hearing Skrillex: :/
Hearing Skrillex after learning Thor:
Hearing Skrillex after learning Malstrom:
Hearing Skrillex after discovering Massive and Modern Talking:
Just wait until you get to the Scrapyard wavetable.

Last edited by penguinoid; 2012-06-07 at 19:02.
Old 2012-06-08, 01:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
Just wait until you get to the Scrapyard wavetable.
WOW, you're right my friend!

I will say that it is a cool change of pace to have to think more "conceptually" about designing sound rather than in terms of the "sandbox" of Thor/Malstrom.

~*Ryan Mals*~