Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-06-14, 20:57

reason 6.5 wont work with my usb key!!!!help

as it says ive just downloaded 6.5 and now it will only work in demo mode,ive tired to upgrade the key through the website but it just keeps telling me i havent got a usb key plugged in??someone help please,also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??
Old 2012-06-14, 21:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedemonicbrothers View Post
also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??
People say it clears up when you delete your cookies, but yeah, I've taken to using safari to open this site, kinda stupid, I have no idea what their deal is! Sorry I don't have any answers on your usb key issue.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:20
Propellerhead

Quote:
as it says ive just downloaded 6.5 and now it will only work in demo mode,ive tired to upgrade the key through the website but it just keeps telling me i havent got a usb key plugged in??someone help please,also the propellerhead website does not work properly when using mozilla firefox.anyone else have this problem??
There are a couple of things that can be wrong here. Did you get the upgrade download via the huge top banner on the Download page? Did you run it once to install Authorizer 2?

This video covers most bases of what you need to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR26ILEdtw
Old 2012-06-14, 21:27

Quote:
I just had the same exact issue unplugging and plugging the dongle back in gree light on then off and the authorizer was still not "finding" it. Then I just did one more full computer restart and after restarting the computer and trying the process again the dongle was found on the very next try and the new code was written to it and it is all good now.

so restart your computer one more time and i bet it works on the next try
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Last edited by djbriang; 2012-06-14 at 21:30.
Old 2012-06-14, 21:32

I've been having the same issue, I've gone so far as to uninstall reason and authorizer multiple times. I had restarted once but will try again. Thanks for the tips!
Old 2012-06-14, 21:54

Maybe these two links can be of any use?

CodeMeter Support

Issue discussed in forum

regards,
Heretic
Old 2012-06-14, 23:05

thanks all sorted now,only thing is i downloaded radical piano it crashed before it finished now it says ive tried it already and wont let me download it again so that sucks
Old 2012-06-14, 23:42
Propellerhead

Quote:
thanks all sorted now,only thing is i downloaded radical piano it crashed before it finished now it says ive tried it already and wont let me download it again so that sucks
Check "Your account" at the top, click "Your products" and Rack Extensions. You can download it as many times as you want during the trial.
Old 2012-06-16, 00:05

same probleme ! restarted many many times !!! i willtry the chrome solution !!!
Old 2012-06-16, 01:47

I had the same problems with the Ignition key.

My problem was solved by not using Firefox 13, and using IE 9 instead.

I'm not surprised that Firefox was a large part of the problem, if not all of it. It has become next to useless.