Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-06-15, 12:19

Unhappy 6.5 Saw that coming!

Nice to allow 6.5 to be free. What, was that something we were suppose to pay for?

Over priced Re's

Un eventful Re's. Basically, who asked for any of that!

Uh, did I mention over priced? The selection of Re's is horrible! There are items in there that do not deserve a price at all, let alone what you're asking.

Props.....better start looking at plan B & C and fast!

Um...a just by chance, are there any other improvements to 6.5? sequencing develpements?
SSL improvements? E.Q. with analyzer improvements?

Are you considering outsourcing that as well?

Very un impressed if this is the "in the box" Re extensions.

Rewire me outa here. Wanna know the frustrating part? I still love Reason 6 for what it is.

Oh well, next time.
Old 2012-06-15, 12:21

so how about a nice cool beer?
or are you british and prefer it warm?
Old 2012-06-15, 12:29

We drink beer at cellar temperature in Britain. Lagers chilled to hide the taste ;-)
Old 2012-06-15, 12:43

hmmm, it has been clearly stated by the Props that 6.5 will be all about RE's. So no: there's nothing else spectacular in terms of "features". We'll have to wait for 7.0.

If you don't like the RE integration: ignore it! It's the same fantastic Reason6 as before - and it's free ("free" as "free beer"!)

nuff said
Old 2012-06-15, 13:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMOMs View Post
so how about a nice cool beer?
or are you british and prefer it warm?
excuse me?
Old 2012-06-15, 12:55

I just don't understand some people. This guy is angry because propellerheads haven't done things that they NEVER SAID THEY WOULD DO IN THE FIRST PLACE !!!!!

So he's "rewiring out of here", presumably to a DAW that also has plugins, that are also expensive.

I have yet to see a coherent complaint about the 6.5 update.
Old 2012-06-15, 13:16

Have any of these complainers spent the time to look up and see just how much the same vst's are? There about double! Stop complaining! Plus 30 days to try them out! I've tried vst demos in the part and some of then ran a burst of white noise every minute or so. These complainers make me laugh!
Old 2012-06-15, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by djphathead View Post
Have any of these complainers spent the time to look up and see just how much the same vst's are? There about double! Stop complaining! Plus 30 days to try them out! I've tried vst demos in the part and some of then ran a burst of white noise every minute or so. These complainers make me laugh!
I agree. Stop complaining and focus that energy on making music. I've said it before, they need to make a RE for all the complainers that's free. Then once they load the free RE it cries like a little baby. lol
Old 2012-06-15, 16:56

I've never expected to be able to un-rewire it from Cubase. Have all I need there already paid for.

So not really disappointed. I do feel the prices could have been lower given that the piracy situation has apparently been mitigated (partially why iPhone apps are cheap). Lower the price by half...sell more than twice as many units. Everyone wins. Literally.

About paying for VST versions. Naturally they'll be a little more. I can use them in Cubase, Reaper, Wavelab, literally every other host, and even Reason by way of rewire. In addition, the developer may be passing on some of the lost piracy sales to honest buyers.

Personally, rack extensions will never get me to move completely to Reason. It's just not feasible for the workflow that I need. I'm trying to tell myself that I'm not disappointed. I certainly don't want to pay twice or more for areas that I've already got covered.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck to you.

fizbin

Last edited by fizbin; 2012-06-15 at 17:08.
Old 2012-06-15, 16:35

Calm down dude.

6.5 is 2 days old now. did you expect a massive collection of re's on release day? come on. this is new for most of the developers out there. they spent years coding vst for daw's like cubase etc. it needs time until they can unleash the power of the reason rack on their plugins. just wait a fe weeks/monts. and what do you think what happend when there were no re's available on release day?

for pricing... yeah, 99 bucks for some compressor plugin or reverb is, for me, a large amount of money that i can't spent without thinking about it. but look around on the music market. everything is expensive. and why? because the do not sell much of that stuff. how many people are buying synts? personally, i know one guy who has outboard equipment in his studio. so where should they make their money out off? and the plugin market? is dead for sure.

people won't buy plugins because they are to expensive >> software gets pirated >> developer need to higher their prices because they need the money >> people won't buy plugins because they are to expensive

deadly circle hmmm?

so just be happy with new reason and look forward. i think with reason 7 there will be a bunch of new and awesome stuff coming for us. and i bet the props will provide us with 1 or 2 new devices for free. but maybe they won't and reason will be cheaper ... who knows?

in the end, you don't need re's. when you are familiar with reason, u can create devices only limited by your imagination!

ps: sorry if my english isn't that good... but i hope you understand what i mean