Some ideas for the Rack Extension Shop
Right now, the shop is nice and simple and there's only a couple dozen devices that are easily seen with minimal scrolling, but as the number of devices increases it could get out of hand
* Have an indicator next to devices to show if user owns it or is in trial period (and trial expiration date)
* Store user's last shop access date and show 'new' indicator next to all devices that have been added since users last visit to shop
* Show number of users that have bought the device
* Allow sorting and/or filtering by developer/creator
* Allow sorting and/or filtering by device type (using same categories as reason's create menu)
* Allow sorting and/or filtering by Bought - Trying - Not owned - new since last visit
* Allow for coupons to be used to discount prices - allows developers to issue coupons since many plug-ins are buy once and use with any DAW. Coupons could be for a specific monetary amount or a percentage. Coupons could be for specific device, or any/all devices offered by a particular developer.
* If/when a device is offered at a special promotional price, display the regular price crossed out with the promo price next to it along with the date the promotion ends.
* Bundled Pricing - allow developers to offer special pricing if you purchase multiple of their RE's at once - or buy one/get one free or half off - and variations on that theme
* Opt-in email notification to be alerted to new devices and promo pricing on a device.
* If a device has no ratings (like when it is new), display zero (5 empty/unshaded) stars - so users can tell the difference between a device rated 5-stars and an unrated device.
* Display the rating number with one decimal place next to the stars.
* Display number of user ratings that make up the average rating
* Allow users who purchased/trialed device to write brief review text on the device - then of course, add ability for other users to browse
* Allow to add multiple devices to cart then checkout once
* This would also enable a 'download later' option so user buys/tries multiple devices and uses the "download all" button at the end
* Allow users to set their default/start-up view options for the shop
--show/hide purchased devices
--show new only
HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2012-06-15 at 18:48.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pod Farm Rack Extension?||jacobelliot||Phead User Forum (read only)||8||2012-04-04 22:45|
|Trying A rack extension from prop shop on your music with 1 click||martinb98||Phead User Forum (read only)||19||2012-03-30 22:49|
|Prop Shop rack Extensions - user reviews||craste||Phead User Forum (read only)||13||2012-03-22 17:10|
|Rack Extension Questions Thread||Kronsteen||Phead User Forum (read only)||19||2012-03-21 12:26|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:45.