Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-06-16, 17:51
Propellerhead

Getting started with Rack Extensions? Having issues? Read this!

Hey everyone,

since we're in the middle of release everyone's anxious to get started. So anxious, in fact, that it might be easy to overlook a little instruction there or a link here in the excitement - that's ok! We can help! However, we might not be around 24/7 as we're human and need to sleep now and then (well some of us do), therefore we have this thread with useful tips!

For any and all authorizer troubles, please read through this troubleshooting guide for Mac and/or PC.

We've also put together this Rack Extension video you can watch that covers how to try, buy and manage your Rack Extensions. Check it out first and make sure you've done all steps there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR26ILEdtw

Please also take a moment to read through the FAQs:
http://shop.propellerheads.se/faq/
https://www.propellerheads.se/produc...le&article=faq
https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...e=reason65_faq

These will get added to as questions become frequently asked.

Some additional trouble shooting:
• Log out of propellerheads.se, clear your cookies for propellerheads.se, log back in
• Make sure you have Authoriser 2, not Authoriser 1 - it's installed with 6.5
• If you can't write a 6.5 license to your key, try removing your 6.0 license first
• If you have problems writing a 6.5 license and have Balance and Ignition Key, please make sure you write it to where you first wrote Reason 6.0. I.e. if you wrote 6.0 to your key and THEN Balance, you need to do the same with 6.5

If none of this help, please feel free to contact support using the "Support" link at the top of the site and scrolling down to "E-mail support".

Thanks!

Last edited by MattiasHG; 2012-06-26 at 10:00.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:30

I still see a lot of threads with posts of unresolved issues - too many to reply in each one - so putting this here.

Since the authorizer has changed, and it interfaces with the ignition key, I think it is a good idea (important) to unplug the ignition key during the upgrade process.

Also, since the site has changed, it's important to clear all cookies and temp files/cache - I also suggest selecting the 'log out' feature on the site, to get rid of the 'remember me on this computer' feature.

So:

*Unplug Ignition key from computer
*Close Reason

*Copy/Backup sound banks and any personal files in the reason install folder

*Uninstall Reason and Authorizer
*If you beta tested: Uninstall Reason Beta and Authorizer Beta

*Open Browser of Choice (IE or Chrome - there appear to be issues with FireFox)
*Goto Props site and select "Log Out" feature (if the link reads "log in" you are already logged out and can skip this step)
*Use browser to clear cookies, temp files, cache
*Close browser

*Reboot

*Install Reason 6.5 (also installs authorizer)
*Copy sound banks and personal files back into reason install folder
*Start/Run Reason 6.5 - use Internet Verification (completes authorizer installation)
*in reason help menu >> access the prop shop
*BUY Pulsar - popup tells you browser is trying to access another program (authorizer) - click OK/YES - let it download and install
*BUY Saturation Knob -- do same as Pulsar
*Close Reason

*Insert Ignition Key
*Open Browser (same one you used above)
*Login to Props site - OK to select 'remember me' feature - goto 'Your Account'
*Under Products, next to R6.5, select "Manage License" - and write to key
*Goto Rack Extensions tab, select "Manage License" - and write to key

*You should be set at this point

Removing the ignition key through the upgrade process prevents old (versions of) processes from hanging around tied to the key.

Uninstalling authorizer and rebooting makes sure no old authorizer and code meter stuff is hanging around

Logging out of the site, clearing cookies and temp files ensures that there are no references to browser sessions accessing the previous version of the site.

I hope you are now up and running.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano

Last edited by SteveDiverse; 2012-06-17 at 04:32.
Old 2012-06-17, 23:11

So what happened to "FREE" because just being able to use it while online is not free. It's bad enough that we now have to use a key to access the program normally. (and don't state the obvious you can verify online..demo mode..BLAH BLAH BLAH) Please do not promise something and then renege, Just say its for sale and I'm sure mostly everyone will be fine with that.
PLEASE do not be come digidicks AKA digidesign/avid.
No hard feelings...
Old 2012-06-18, 06:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattiasHG View Post
Hey everyone,

since we're in the middle of release, everyone's anxious to get started. So anxious, in fact, that it might be easy to overlook a little instruction there or a link here in the excitement - that's ok! We can help!

However, we might not be around 24/7 as we're human and need to sleep now and then (well some of us do). Therefore, we've put together this Rack Extension video you can watch even when we sleep that covers how to try, buy and manage your Rack Extensions. Check it out first and make sure you've done all steps there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOR26ILEdtw

Please also take a moment to read through the FAQs:
http://shop.propellerheads.se/faq/
https://www.propellerheads.se/produc...le&article=faq
https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...e=reason65_faq

These will get added to as questions become frequently asked.

Some additional trouble shooting:
• If you're having troubles on the propellerheads site, log out of propellerheads.se, clear your cookies for propellerheads.se, log back in
• Make sure you have Authoriser 2, not Authoriser 1 - it's installed with 6.5
• If you can't write a 6.5 license to your key, try removing your 6.0 license first
• If you have problems writing a 6.5 license and have Balance and Ignition Key, please make sure you write it to where you first wrote Reason 6.0. I.e. if you wrote 6.0 to your key and THEN Balance, you need to do the same with 6.5

If none of this help, please feel free to contact support using the "Support" link at the top of the site and scrolling down to "E-mail support".

Thanks!
I have Reason 6.5 on 2 computers but I use 1 for the internet only and the other solely for doing music. When I download it installs it into the software on my internet computer. How can I use Pulsar and other downloads on my music computer ?
Old 2012-06-18, 06:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieproductions View Post
How can I use Pulsar and other downloads on my music computer ?
Gotta connect it to internet to download the extensions - then you can use the ignition key... sorry, only way.

m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-06-30, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDiverse View Post
Gotta connect it to internet to download the extensions - then you can use the ignition key... sorry, only way.
I personally think that this is ridiculous, I've put a computer together solely for music production, not connected to the Internet to protect it from the dangers of the web, yet to install these REs, you need to be connected to the Internet!?

Propellerheads, sort it out please!
You should be giving the users the option to download from the shop/online or from a file, which could be downloaded on another machine as a file (.exe/dmg or your proprietary format)!
I know it's early days but I do think the option should be there, ideally, soon before the many additional RE's are released!

thanks
Old 2012-07-03, 14:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic2u View Post
I personally think that this is ridiculous, I've put a computer together solely for music production, not connected to the Internet to protect it from the dangers of the web, yet to install these REs, you need to be connected to the Internet!?

You should be giving the users the option to download from the shop/online or from a file, which could be downloaded on another machine as a file (.exe/dmg or your proprietary format)!
I know it's early days but I do think the option should be there, ideally, soon before the many additional RE's are released!

thanks
Well put and it would make my world much easier.
Old 2012-09-07, 05:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic2u View Post

thanks
Seconded! I just bought Reason and am in the same boat. We already have the Ilock, sorry IGkey. Having a dedicated downloader is just overkill.

I do music production for a living and there is no way I will take my music PC on the net or cripple it by adding virus scanners etc. I had to install a new windows drive just to get Reason working. Only now I find out this silly restriction. Please allow users to download and install RE's offline!

Also I was wondering if now that I have RE's installed on my online windows drive and them registered with my IGkey, is there a folder or files I can copy across so that it will work? Surely this is a doable work around. Just copy the folders and registry settings or something like that?
Old 2012-06-18, 14:20

Rack Extensions TRY MODE

I have downloaded Rack Extensions, in the "Try" mode, but can't see them when I start Reason 6.5. I believe my computer runs with the ignition key, and I cannot switch it to run via the Internet. HELP!
Old 2012-06-18, 17:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviswebb0321 View Post
I have downloaded Rack Extensions, in the "Try" mode, but can't see them when I start Reason 6.5. I believe my computer runs with the ignition key, and I cannot switch it to run via the Internet. HELP!
Remove they key before starting reason