Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-06-17, 12:04

Reason 6.5 at 32 bit????

Hi,

I'm trying to use Reason 6.5 on Cubase 5, as I used to do with Reason 6...(Only nedeed to convert reason to 32 bit), but now I Can't do it with reason 6.5, I tried creating a shortcut and adding /32 on the target of preferences (like with reason 6) but doesn´t work.

Can anyone help one?

Thanks in advance.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:10

I'm a Mac user here so I cannot test the Windows method, but are you sure you did follow the instructions to the letter and it didn't work? If this is the case, contact support.

From the FAQ:

In Windows, there is a single Reason installer containing both the 32-bit and the 64-bit version. When you run the installer, it detects if you're running a 64-bit OS, and automatically installs the 64-bit version of Reason. Otherwise, the 32-bit version is installed.

It might be desirable to run the 32-bit version even under a 64-bit OS (for example if you're using Reason with ReWire and a host that only supports 32-bit ReWire). Then, you can force the installer to install the 32-bit version in the following way:
  • Create a shortcut of the "Install Reason.exe" file.
  • Right-click the shortcut and select "Properties".
  • In the "Target" field, add " /32" (without quotes, keep the leading space) at the very end.
  • Click OK.
  • Double click the shortcut to run the Reason installer in 32-bit mode.
Forcing a 32-bit installation this way should give the name "Reason (32)" to the desktop icon and Start menu folder.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:43

Hey, Thankkssssss!!! I was blocked trying to install the 32 bit version directly from the 64 bit icon. LOL
Now works. Thanks again :-)
Old 2012-06-17, 12:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusalvarez View Post
Hey, Thankkssssss!!! I was blocked trying to install the 32 bit version directly from the 64 bit icon. LOL
Now works. Thanks again :-)
Glad to hear that!
Old 2012-06-20, 04:41

Hey jesusalvarez,

BTW, just wondering, have you noticed any difference in audio quality from now running 32 bit as apposed to originally hearing Reason in 64 bit? Not sure if you've honed in on differences, but I'm curious with Reason 64 vs 32 bit differences.

If so, what is your monitoring and amplification if you are noticing a difference. Curious. ☺

Thanks!
Old 2012-06-20, 04:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokeyfly View Post
Hey jesusalvarez,

BTW, just wondering, have you noticed any difference in audio quality from now running 32 bit as apposed to originally hearing Reason in 64 bit? Not sure if you've honed in on differences, but I'm curious with Reason 64 vs 32 bit differences.

If so, what is your monitoring and amplification if you are noticing a difference. Curious. ☺

Thanks!
Why would there be a difference? The SSL mixer bus is 64 bit on both platforms!
Old 2012-09-22, 14:33
TheodoreM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokeyfly View Post
Hey jesusalvarez,

Thanks!
I'll make this one simple,

that's simply not possible.. it;s just the app and the memory space it can access, that;s the only difference.

if anyone is curious, i did a test spitting out an audio file from reason at through it's ssl (comp off of course) and logic, and they nulled *completely* as in to basically infinity.

this goes to show the ssl desk is completely neutral, and both reason and logic's basica audio engine is identical, and ableton live nulled also.

No need to argue, as i can prove it with videos if i must. very easy to reproduce.

they null. end of story.
Old 2012-08-04, 21:59

Nice tipp

/32 via commanline... i hope now rewire works with abletom
Old 2012-08-14, 18:34

SONAR 8.5 64 bit, REASON 6.5 Demo

I have SONAR 8.5 64 bit, REASON 6.5 Demo and the REWIRE insert is still grayed out. Do I have do buy SONAR X1 to get these to work together. I really want to run SONAR 8.5 in 64 bit. If I install SONAR as 32 bit it rewires fine with my reason 5. Thanks
Old 2012-08-30, 09:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusalvarez View Post
Hi,

I'm trying to use Reason 6.5 on Cubase 5, as I used to do with Reason 6...(Only nedeed to convert reason to 32 bit), but now I Can't do it with reason 6.5, I tried creating a shortcut and adding /32 on the target of preferences (like with reason 6) but doesn´t work.

Can anyone help one?

Thanks in advance.
make sure to put a space between the last " and /32