Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-06-17, 17:12

Sequencer - Note Length Quantization

Hi,

I've been wishing there was a way to do this in Reason's sequencer for awhile. Maybe there is and I just don't know it. If so, please fill me in! I produce a lot of electronic music and when I'm recording, I would love the capability to snap all of the note lengths to their closest rhythmic length. It's really annoying when I'm recording 4 measures of 4 note pad chords, each a quarter note in length, to have to go back and manually drag or enter in the note lengths to get them to be perfectly 1/4 note in length. I don't think it would be that hard to implement, it's the same concept as position quantization, just with note length.

Cheers,

Josh
Old 2012-06-17, 17:34

Use the "inspector" on the top of the sequencer

The "=" = "=".

(the equal equals equal! : notes, lengths, velocity etc)
Old 2012-06-17, 18:11

A "Quantize note durations" feature would be quite handy, and different from using the inspector, since you don't always want the total note length to be the same. It's basically just a Quantize command for the note "OFF" rather than the note "ON", and can be used separately from quantizing note "ONs".

I use this feature in Pro Tools quite often, and find it useful IMO. :-)
USA
Old 2012-06-18, 10:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
A "Quantize note durations" feature would be quite handy, and different from using the inspector, since you don't always want the total note length to be the same. It's basically just a Quantize command for the note "OFF" rather than the note "ON", and can be used separately from quantizing note "ONs".

I use this feature in Pro Tools quite often, and find it useful IMO. :-)
I defeinitely need this! A quantize feature for note durations would be so useful! I remember when starting to use the software I instintively searched for this...
Old 2013-07-12, 17:51

I need this.