Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-06-27, 05:36

Video In Reason

I love making music! But recently i have been doing lots of professional video work. I do not have pro tools and quite frankly adobe premiere pros audio engine sucks! It would be real nice to do audio work with the reason i know and love for my videos!
Old 2012-06-27, 06:41

video in reason would definitely open up all types of possibilities thats for sure
Old 2012-06-27, 06:41

Maybe you should check this out..: http://www.retouchcontrol.com/site_page.aspx?pageid=46

Synchronization of videos with Reason without Rewire :-)
Old 2012-06-27, 11:21

That retouch seems to do the trick.

Adding video support would be like opening pandoras box, users would then ask for more transistion and fx and the list would basically never end. Actually it doesnt end even without video support.

Honestly I dont want any video support in Reason, it should stay a single purpose music software. I'd rather have a good music software + a good video program than some unified unsatisfying multipurpose thing.
Old 2012-06-27, 12:10

that resync looks pretty sick, didnt know that existed
Old 2012-06-27, 14:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymagic View Post
That retouch seems to do the trick.

Adding video support would be like opening pandoras box, users would then ask for more transistion and fx and the list would basically never end. Actually it doesnt end even without video support.

Honestly I dont want any video support in Reason, it should stay a single purpose music software. I'd rather have a good music software + a good video program than some unified unsatisfying multipurpose thing.
People have asked for video in for years. None of them have ever asked for any type of video editing. None of them want it.
Old 2012-06-27, 15:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeopoldStotch View Post
People have asked for video in for years. None of them have ever asked for any type of video editing. None of them want it.
I'm sure some of them want it, but even if they don't, putting video into Reason would open the door, and people would eventually start to demand it.

I agree that Reason should continue to evolve as an amazing audio production tool, but not open itself up to becoming bloated as would likely happen if they start adding things that aren't fundamental to the purpose of the software.
Old 2012-06-27, 16:03

My suggestion is, if you want a DAW with video production capability, get Steinberg Nuendo or Sony Vegas. I know that Nuendo has Rewire. The price is high, and it takes a high-end workstation to run it, but it is fully professional in every way. I have used Reason 3 and Nuendo 1 together with great success. It is currently in version 5.5.

Last edited by ryszard; 2012-06-27 at 16:53. Reason: To remove inadvertently included quote.
Old 2012-06-27, 16:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitfnky View Post
I'm sure some of them want it, but even if they don't, putting video into Reason would open the door, and people would eventually start to demand it.

I agree that Reason should continue to evolve as an amazing audio production tool, but not open itself up to becoming bloated as would likely happen if they start adding things that aren't fundamental to the purpose of the software.
No, they don't want it. None of them on all the threads I've seen over the years have ever wanted anything other than to be able to load up a video that is already produced and use reason to create properly synced audio / scores for the video.

Scoring for video is a valid use for a piece of audio software, which is why many people have asked for it over the years. Saying "don't do it because people will just want to turn reason into video editing software" is ridiculous. Nobody has ever wanted it or even suggested it.

The only people suggesting that it might lead to video editing features are people like you who are trying to turn the request into something it has never been. You're trying to scare people away from a valuable new feature by making stuff up.
Old 2012-07-05, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobCallaghan View Post
I love making music! But recently i have been doing lots of professional video work. I do not have pro tools and quite frankly adobe premiere pros audio engine sucks! It would be real nice to do audio work with the reason i know and love for my videos!
http://www.vjamm.com/

a vjamm rack extension would be soo very nice