Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-06-28, 06:01

Own Reason Essentials purchased upgrade, upgrade ID and registration dont work?

I own Essentials, and have just purchased the upgrade to Reason 6, but when I go to register the upgrade, it tells me that something with the number/ID is wrong? I've tried every possible thing I can think of, how do I get this to work? can it work?
Old 2012-06-28, 10:13
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakimble View Post
I own Essentials, and have just purchased the upgrade to Reason 6, but when I go to register the upgrade, it tells me that something with the number/ID is wrong? I've tried every possible thing I can think of, how do I get this to work? can it work?
Which version of Essentials do you have (Balance or stand-alone) and what Reason Upgrade did you purchase? Keep in mind there's one upgrade for Essentials stand-alone and another one for Essentials with Balance.
Old 2012-06-29, 19:33

Same here!
Just bought essentials last week and I liked it that much that I went this morning to buy the upgrade to PH authorized dealer here in Barcelona.
The box that they sold me clearly states it is for reason essentials, though, the registration is not working. Tried everything.
PH support is not working either so I came here to try to solve my problem...
Any help??
Old 2012-06-29, 19:56

Check that you bought the correct upgrade. Did you buy Essentials on its own or with Balance?

If you bought Reason Essentials on its own you need this upgrade
https://www.propellerheads.se/shop/i...10738&Cat=1000

If you brought Reason Essentials with Balance, you need this upgrade.
https://www.propellerheads.se/shop/i...10734&Cat=1000

There was a drop in the price for Essentials a few months ago. Previously. It used to cost a lot more and so used the standard Reason upgrade.

As the price was dropped quite substantially, the upgrade price was raised.
There appear to be some cases of shops selling the standard upgrade to Essentials owners, based on an old pricing policy - This is more confusing, as that upgrade may indeed have "For Reason Essentials" on the box, but is probably stock from before the price drop.
Old 2012-06-29, 20:14

So what am I supposed to do now?
If I understood you, I have a piece of open software that probably won't give me my money back and I cannot authorize the clearly printed as a essentials upgrade (and I repeat that I bought it from the official dealer)...This is quit annoying.
Cheers and thanks for the quick answer

Last edited by ttaberna; 2012-06-29 at 20:17.
Old 2012-06-29, 20:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaberna View Post
So what am I supposed to do now?
If I understood you, I have a piece of open software that probably won't give me my money back and I cannot authorize the clearly printed as a essentials upgrade...This is quit annoying.
Cheers and thanks for the quick answer
Contact support and they might sort you out IF you've bought the wrong software. Attach a picture of the box and a scan of the receipt, it might help.
Old 2012-06-30, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotakimble View Post

This link below will help. The browser you are using is not launching the Authorizer. The pherm-link needs to open Authorizer and the browser don't know what application to launch, so you have to manually set them to launch the Authorizer. I had the same problem and it has take propellerhea tech support two week to realize that the problem was their software.

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...xing_phrem_win
Old 2012-06-30, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckollenb View Post
This link below will help. The browser you are using is not launching the Authorizer. The pherm-link needs to open Authorizer and the browser don't know what application to launch, so you have to manually set them to launch the Authorizer. I had the same problem and it has take propellerhea tech support two week to realize that the problem was their software.

http://www.propellerheads.se/support...xing_phrem_win
I think the OP has a completely different problem.
Old 2012-07-02, 12:27

I try alll weekend to solve it...didn't have suport answer yet.
Hope there is a solution for me....I don't have access to the user forum either....only general forum...this is all strange to me...
Thanx all for caring!

Last edited by ttaberna; 2012-07-02 at 12:30.
Old 2012-07-02, 14:24

Sorry that you are still having problems. You sent the pictures on Friday evening. Unfortunately, the Props don't work weekends. I know you must be anxious to use the full version, but don't worry, they will get back to you.

Your other issue concerning the inability to post on the User Forum, is one that has come up a couple of times recently. One solution that was suggested, is to clear the cookies from your browser, and make sure that you clear any stored data for favourite websites. If that doesn't work, you should raise this issue with Customer Support - See the quote below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ahg View Post
Contact the webmaster as occasionally an account doesn't have all the access permissions set up when a license is registered.

Last edited by Arsenic; 2012-07-02 at 14:32.