Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-07-14, 05:24

Pulsar smooth random waveform

i would like pulsar (a pure LFO-Device) having a smooth random waveform (like Thor, Subtractor, NN-19 etc.) + additional waveforms like malström.

thank you
Old 2012-07-14, 06:37

The lag processor will smooth out sharp edges in any waveform. Just turn the lag knob up.
Old 2012-07-14, 06:48

oh that´s cool, thank you though it doesn´t make it as smooth as the thor lfo. got both routed into an M-Class Equalizer, being able to see the exact movement.

Last edited by moofi; 2012-07-14 at 06:54.
Old 2012-07-23, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofi View Post
oh that´s cool, thank you though it doesn´t make it as smooth as the thor lfo. got both routed into an M-Class Equalizer, being able to see the exact movement.
moofi - How are you rigging your m-class equalizer to show you the LFO movement? I hadn't previously thought of doing that, and after reading your post, I toyed around with implementing the idea but haven't yet gotten anything close to what I'd like. Would you mind please sharing your trick? Thanks.
Old 2012-07-23, 16:00
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDrake View Post
moofi - How are you rigging your m-class equalizer to show you the LFO movement? I hadn't previously thought of doing that, and after reading your post, I toyed around with implementing the idea but haven't yet gotten anything close to what I'd like. Would you mind please sharing your trick? Thanks.
Really interesting!

But I remember I saw in Peff's MMM video how he used DDL - 1 to see the amount of the CV signals, but I haven't clue how to do that...
Old 2012-07-23, 19:18

Put Pulsar in a combi, route the CV out into the combi CV inputs on the back of the programmer. Then in the combi programmer screen assign the CV input to whatever you want, the MClass EQ for example.

with my band:
Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-07-23, 22:12

Mate - The DDL-1 trick is good, but the best one I've seen is the sampler window.

1. Take an audio channel, or a CV routed through Thor (CV1 into Thor, then use Mod Matrix to send CV1.In to Audio 1 Out) and plug it into the Hardware Interface sampling input.

2. Create a Kong (or any instrument that allows live sampling) and click the sampling button. The sampling window will pop up and start showing you the waveform being recorded. For CV's, this is usually a low-enough frequency that you can see it charted out very clearly.

This is VERY useful in seeing exactly how envelopes are working, or LFOs.

kloeckno - When I first read moofi's comment, this is exactly what i tried (using Combi to send LFO CV to a knob on MClass EQ), and it does give you a nice graphical representation of movement. But I was kind of hoping that some sort of advanced trickery would actually use the MClass EQ as a rough Oscilloscope. If just watching the result of one knob oscillate is what he meant, then the sampling trick listed above is superior.