Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-07-28, 00:10

Juno 106 Refill??

I was looking around and couldn't find anything. Is there a Juno 106 Refill out there? I was looking for that juno bass sound.
Old 2012-07-28, 02:39

If you dig deeper, check out my Fairlight Platinum ReFill. It has even better stuff like Jupiter 4, JX8P/JX10, Prophet 5 AS WELL as Juno 1 / 2 / 60 / 106, Fairlight, all drum machines, etc etc. All in all no less than 3,340 patches of pure bliss. The bass section alone is something to truly write home about. But you still get all pads you could dream of and much more. Over 2 years of work. Yours for $119. Kudos.

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net

Last edited by bitleyTM; 2012-07-28 at 02:42.
Old 2012-07-28, 07:19

Yeah but the problem remains: it's all sampled stuff, meh! I'd prefer a Juno 60/106 Emu as an RE anytime!
Old 2012-07-28, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by altron View Post
Yeah but the problem remains: it's all sampled stuff, meh! I'd prefer a Juno 60/106 Emu as an RE anytime!
I would literally do almost anything to have an official Juno 106 RE from Roland/Cakewalk (hey Cakewalk, are you listening???)! It was my first synth, and I still have it. Just can't be bothered to hook midi cables up to my computer and ReWire to a midi-capable DAW.
Old 2012-07-28, 17:54

Don't underestimate the power of serious multisampling.

Fairlight Platinum, Orlando JX10, Flux, O8 and more - high quality refills to get your creative juices flowing!

http://bitley.laconicsounds.net
Old 2012-07-28, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM View Post
Ha! Nice plug, sir. Don't get me wrong - you do great work, but a multisampled refill wouldn't hold a candle to a truly proper DSP modelled after the keyboard sitting in my studio... that I'm too lazy to ReWire... ;^p
Old 2012-07-28, 23:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitleyTM View Post
Agreed!!

I love the PolySix rack extension, but it hasn't taken the shine off my favourite sample based refills at all. When I want a warm pad, I'm straight off to a Platinum JX10 and don't feel I'm missing any tweakability.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnochLight View Post
I would literally do almost anything to have an official Juno 106 RE from Roland/Cakewalk (hey Cakewalk, are you listening???)! It was my first synth, and I still have it. Just can't be bothered to hook midi cables up to my computer and ReWire to a midi-capable DAW.
If you still have an original JUNO 106 i'd just push myself and use it.. I had a 106 back in 88 i really wish id never sold it.. Playing a copy rather than the original, i'll never understand that.. Its like having virtual sex, not real.. virtual instruments have there place and many are simply amazing but... If you have an original 106 its a quality instrument, quality keys, great sound with real knobs and sliders.. Why the hell would you prefer to look at a computer copy.. i have no idea. ;-p
Old 2012-07-29, 05:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAV42 View Post
If you still have an original JUNO 106 i'd just push myself and use it.. I had a 106 back in 88 i really wish id never sold it.. Playing a copy rather than the original, i'll never understand that.. Its like having virtual sex, not real.. virtual instruments have there place and many are simply amazing but... If you have an original 106 its a quality instrument, quality keys, great sound with real knobs and sliders.. Why the hell would you prefer to look at a computer copy.. i have no idea. ;-p
The fine difference is that with hardware you have to deal with a whole lot other issues: cables, you need a good mixer, unstable devices, space, racks, etc.

Ten years ago when I had no money I wished I could buy several old hardware synths. Today I got the money but I'm actually not so sure anymore if I want to bother with all the side issues. I do love old synth gear and it's very tempting to start collecting them but I guess I'm spoiled by Reason's compactness and stability. Maybe if Reason finally had MIDI out I would buy a h/w synth but I don't want to be forced to use another DAW because I want to use hardware. And Rewire is not an option here because I'd like to stick to Reason's great SSL mixer for anything.
Old 2012-07-28, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by altron View Post

The fairlight was all samples lol.

Its a very good refill and surpasses what any juno emulation can or would do.