Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-03, 07:53

Revert to saved

Feature on file menu to revert the current loaded song to the last saved version (if there is one).
For those times where you have messed something up and are too lazy to close reason and reload the last saved song (also avoids nag screen)
Old 2012-08-05, 13:16

Good shout!

It may be an idea to keep the last 4 saved states on disk (is that possible without too much work?) Alternatively we could bug the pants off our respective OS manufacturers about incorporating the Hammer file system (as seen in Dragonfly BSD).

I've had a few crashes while recording guitar and that's been salvaged by reason at the next re-load, maybe there's a clever way to store things in a similar vein to most text editors?

This has really got me thinking now... I could set up a server and access file via ssh, if said server is running an operating system that supports versioning as well as journaling, it could be a complete win... failing that, why not just set up a subversion server.

errrr....went a bit out there then, talking to myself as usual... sorry. It's a good idea though

Built with love and Reason!
Old 2012-08-05, 15:07

+1 This would help me out a lot.
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2012-08-06, 21:33

yeah, i'm down w this too.
Old 2012-08-06, 22:00

Or if you want to be really clever Revert to Draft #01
I live in Lancashire, England.
Old 2012-08-06, 23:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipw7 View Post
Feature on file menu to revert the current loaded song to the last saved version (if there is one).
For those times where you have messed something up and are too lazy to close reason and reload the last saved song (also avoids nag screen)
Couldn't you just reload the previous version from the Recent list? You'd already have saved the current version with a new version number, shirley?

All you then have to do is close the new version, and hey presto: reverted!
Old 2012-08-07, 14:07

I don’t change a file name and save (v1 > v2) until I’m blown away by how wonderful it is and is worthy of saving; I don’t know what Shirley does. philipw7 notes that Reason closing seems to be his hassle and I do the following to prevent that:

When you first open Reason, go to File > New, open a blank file (“Document 1”), minimize it down to the Tool Bar and forget about it. Then open the file you want. The “dummy” file keeps Reason from closing when you close out the file you’re working on. That way, you can close out the working file without saving changes and then just open it again and be back to where you started.

Last edited by MayorMcCheese; 2012-08-07 at 14:09.
Old 2013-04-25, 15:38

I would also really appreciate this feature being added.
At the moment I use the work around where you open a blank new document to avoid reason closing completely. I often make changes to a song to try out some ideas that dont work, and then I find the best way is to re-open the last saved version of the file. It would be a lot simpler to just have a revert function.
Add this please Props
Old 2013-04-25, 17:31

On the pc you need to have two tracks open to stop it shutting Reason down, so a revert to save would be very handy for PC users.