Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-11, 00:27

make reason rack smaller

i remember back in the days. up until Reason 5. Reason used to fit on my 17'' Macbooks' screen. I would have the rack and the sequenser next to each other and there wouldn't be any overlap.

with reason 6 that changed because the Navigators make the windows so damn wide even when you turn them off.

could you guys fix this?

if I turn off the navigators off the Reason Rack should revert back to the width of Reason 5's rack.
Old 2012-08-13, 19:40

this has been mentioned elsewhere for a reason. its a good idea. especially if you're on a 13" MBP often.
Old 2012-08-13, 20:38

I actually reported this as a bug a couple months ago. We'll see if they ever getting around to adding that if{} statement...
Old 2012-08-13, 20:55

I always wondered about the wisdom of stacking a very tall mixer on top of a very tall rack on top of an increasingly tall sequencer. When most bods use laptops. I think it's a nordic thing.

I once took a personality/typology test @ work that simply involved choosing a shape. I chose the tall rectangle instead of the square, circle, squiggle whatever. Then had to endure hearing my manager gleefully describe me: "Introspective. Lacks sustained attention. Bottles up emotion. Independently minded. Excessive belief in their own intelligence. Bashful. Hot-headed. Likely to have stubble..." Jeez, all that from a rectangle? Next day I came in, freshly shaven, with a bunch of papers, told her I had a new test. Drew some new shapes out and asked her to choose.

"The spiral? Oh.... It says here you're a sl**"

Anyway I digress.

Last edited by nhsh; 2012-08-13 at 21:26.
Old 2012-08-13, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsh View Post
I always wondered about the wisdom of stacking a very tall mixer on top of a very tall rack on top of an increasingly tall sequencer. When most bods use laptops. I think it's a nordic thing.

I once took a personality/typology test @ work that simply involved choosing a shape. I chose the tall rectangle instead of the square, circle, squiggle whatever. Then had to endure hearing my manager gleefully describe me: "Introspective. Lacks sustained attention. Bottles up emotion. Independently minded. Excessive belief in their own intelligence. Bashful. Hot-headed. Likely to have stubble..." Jeez, all that from a rectangle? Next day I came in, freshly shaven, with a bunch of papers, told her I had a new test. Drew some new shapes out and asked her to choose.

"The spiral? Oh.... It says here you're a sl**"

Anyway I digress.
HahahaHaha
Old 2012-08-14, 16:44

I don't understand why they wont make ssl Mixer a separate program...Reason 6 is hard to navigate really
Old 2012-08-14, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsmi26 View Post
I don't understand why they wont make ssl Mixer a separate program...Reason 6 is hard to navigate really
A seperate program? What the..?

You can detach the whole thing. GUI wise, that's like it being a seperate program. With the added benefit of being attachable for easy referencing.
Old 2012-08-14, 19:06

I can only recommend to you to detach the Rack window and reduce the size a little, especially on Windows. I really like it better that way.
I tried to detach the mixer too in the beginning of using the software, but I prefer it together with the sequencer...otherwise I have three tasks in the task bar and never know which is which.