Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-08-15, 22:12

Flower Audio Loudness Meter

This is exactly what I've been needing. I'm sick of A/Bing my masters to commercial tracks and still being unsure. And only 20$?? SOLD. Anybody else as excited about this as me?
Old 2012-08-15, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosaki View Post
This is exactly what I've been needing. I'm sick of A/Bing my masters to commercial tracks and still being unsure. And only 20$?? SOLD. Anybody else as excited about this as me?
Same here, bought it pretty much straight away. Couldn't argue with that price and its exactly what i need
Old 2012-08-16, 15:12

yeah, it's been pretty awesome so far. quick, visual response.
Old 2012-08-16, 18:34

Looks great - but to be honest im worried about the way its going.. Shouldnt this sort of thing come as free as part of Reason? I believe other DAWs have this sort of thing as standard.

I might be wrong - not taking anything away from this as agree it looks good, but I do wonder if we will ever get any free stuff with upgrades ever again or if Reason 7 will just be slightly improved architecture and any new instruments, fx, tools you have to pay for. If thats the case being a Reason user will get very expensive!
Old 2012-08-16, 19:46

Reason 6 and 6.5 was virtually free, so money saved there can be spent ugrading Reason how you want it with REs.
Old 2012-08-16, 23:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomriv View Post
Looks great - but to be honest im worried about the way its going.. Shouldnt this sort of thing come as free as part of Reason? I believe other DAWs have this sort of thing as standard.

I might be wrong - not taking anything away from this as agree it looks good, but I do wonder if we will ever get any free stuff with upgrades ever again or if Reason 7 will just be slightly improved architecture and any new instruments, fx, tools you have to pay for. If thats the case being a Reason user will get very expensive!
This sort of thing DOES come free with Reason IMO, which is something that not even Pro Tools offers. It's one of the more impressive features of Reason's metering IMO, and I use it ALL the time when mixing.

Have you tried using the Big Meter in VU + Peak mode to judge 'loudness' based on the Crest Factor (the difference between the Peak level and the VU/Average level)? Un-compressed (quieter) mixes will have higher Crest Factors, usually between 15 and 20 dB (or more) or so. Compressed mixes will register 10-15 dB or so, and mixes with a Crest Factor lower than 10 dB are going to sound VERY compressed (although these exact numbers are subjective). :-)
USA
Old 2012-08-16, 23:36

Haha good response! I will attempt to copy you ;-)
Old 2012-08-22, 04:49

I agree with you it should be free and put into reasons but you can't beat $20 for such a tool. Most all of these Rack Extensions available at the website most people own already. Plugins for other programs such as Ableton, Logic, Protools and Studio One for instance. As for this particular product I have to say it's cheep compared to something like Iztope Ozone which it not worth it to me. There are other standards like ITV-R B S 1770 and EBV R128 for broadcast and film that are not included which would be perfect but more expensive.
I normally bounce down the tracks and open them in another programe because I have all these tools available to me to mix and master with RMS levels already.
I will buy it for just $20 because it's cheep and I can monitor each track independently.
I also helps the makers pay attention to what to push out for Racks by sales. What's hitting and what's not.
One thing that surprises me is that Reasons don't have a built- in stereo spectrum analyzer unless I'm missing it? I'm sure that would be the next Rack Extension or maybe in a future upgrade.
Old 2012-08-22, 04:58

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying. I love Reasons Racks because you can route them anywhere and not have these Racks eating up you're CPU. They all sound clean so I've switched to Reasons because of this. I just own a lot of Programs so I'm a little picky on the Racks, I own 7 of the 30 available so it's getting there.

Last edited by jayrome; 2012-08-22 at 05:00.
Old 2012-08-17, 20:11

Nice to see Reason community discussing ins and outs of Flower Audio Loudness Meter. We appreciate all your comments and feedback.

Loudness Meter has also been discussed extensively in Users Forum. In case you missed it, here is the link: https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...loudness+meter

Greets,
Sertac