Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-08-17, 02:06

Angry You cannot open Reason or Record files in Reason Essentials

I bought Reason Essentials for the hardware interface, thinking I would be able to open all my existing Reason files in Reason Essentials. I was wrong.

Now I am trying to get Balance to work with Reason 6.5.

It seems pretty silly to have 3 products, Reason. Record and Reason Essentials with Balance, and have Reason Essentials with Balance incompatible with Reason files.

Let the buyer beware.
Old 2012-08-17, 02:28

I think it's due to Essentials only having a select number of devices and effects, so opening a file made in the full version of Reason (or Record) would not work because some of the devices might be missing.. Perhaps some sort of "Device Missing" placeholder would be nice though, much like when you open a file with a Rack Extention that is missing.