Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-08-19, 07:30

RE 's "Device Error" for Radical Pianos

Its becoming common place for me now that every now and then.. the damn thing decides to have device error and becomes disabled....

... im getting fed up... Reason 2.5 to Reason 5 never gave me a single error...ever. How long can i continue to deal with this? ¬_¬

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2012-08-19, 11:12

Yep it crashed and gave me the same errors while I was trying it out. So I wont be picking up that. I will stick to Alicia's Keys ;O)
Old 2012-08-19, 15:43
Propellerhead

Never encountered this myself, have you gotten in touch with support? They'll elevate this do the devs if needed so we can do a bug fix release.
Old 2012-08-20, 15:55

Do the whaaat? O_=

I'll pass it to support but i dont know how to send the error. I can send a picture of when it happened.

Very annoying considering i've paid for it ¬_¬

"Life is like a Rhythm; Flow with it and you'll be Fine" - Sid Mercutio 1979 - ?
Old 2012-08-20, 16:02
Propellerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by djSidious View Post
Do the whaaat? O_=

I'll pass it to support but i dont know how to send the error. I can send a picture of when it happened.

Very annoying considering i've paid for it ¬_¬
Also make sure you're running 6.5.1.
Old 2012-08-20, 16:14

Yep! Build 2.668

Old 2012-10-24, 21:51

I managed to force the device error. I loaded a song I had created with the demo version of radical piano and got the device error message.i deleted the device and re-created it but got the error again. I copied the midi to a new song and created a radical piano - again got the device error. After I'd saved the song with midi running on an ID8 piano I exited and restarted reason and was then able to create a radical piano and move the midi to it and save the song. Looks like mixing demo versions of RE's with purchased versions produces device errors
Old 2012-10-24, 22:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBANETT View Post
I also had this for the first time last night and will be reporting it later. I have also paid for this and am disappointed as is a second issue I've had since version 6.5 - the first prevented me from saving song files and was resolved by a complete system rebuild. Radical piano gave the Device Error when I tried to replace NNXT's in a Reason pianos combinator with Radical piano
Quote:
I managed to force the device error. I loaded a song I had created with the demo version of radical piano and got the device error message.i deleted the device and re-created it but got the error again. I copied the midi to a new song and created a radical piano - again got the device error. After I'd saved the song with midi running on an ID8 piano I exited and restarted reason and was then able to create a radical piano and move the midi to it and save the song. Looks like mixing demo versions of RE's with purchased versions produces device errors
Would be very helpful to support - and to get it fixed properly - if you'd officially report your discovery via tech support. Nice find!
Old 2012-10-25, 01:29

Quote:
i get this all the time now with predator and i never demo`ed it before buying it.
can you do something when it happens again can you check if when the error happens to not delete it but go to the patch browser and go load patch see if it defaults to a different directory please.
i found with predator and the other odd devices i have that have had this everytime have reverted to a different folder and not the RE patch folder . im just curious if this is something to do with it thanks.

--------------LUCEO-NON-URO---------------
Old 2012-10-30, 16:18

Radical Piano Device Error

Just upgraded from the demo version of Radical Piano and the first time I hit a note on the keyboard it came up with this error message: "An error has occurred in device ‘RadPiano 1’ (Radical Piano). It has been disabled. You can still save your document."

Now, as soon as I try to drop in RP as a new instrument it happens immediately. Propellerhead needs to get on this. Any solutions in the meantime?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 10.12.28 AM.jpg (22.6 KB, 5 views)