Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-20, 20:05

Activating Academic Version of Reason

Just curious. I am a student getting ready to purchase Reason 6 Academic and I wanted to know what I needed to provide to activate the software, or will my student status be verified by the vendor? Just curious because the vendor is tied into my school bookstore. I don't have a physical copy of my student ID, but can print from the school website. I can get whatever is needed, I just want to know what i need to get in preparation
Old 2012-08-20, 20:25

Your status should be checked by the vendor and after it is registered the Teacher/Student edition uses the same upgrades as the retail version. Be sure they don't sell you the EDU edition!
Old 2012-08-20, 20:42

As noted here: http://www.propellerheads.se/support_area/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=edu_faq -

“.. The Student / Teacher Reason is available from local distributors and retailers, and typically also available from your on-campus retailer. For more on how to qualify, how to get hold of it and how much to pay, please get in touch with your local distributor.”

Propellerhead seems to leave the student verification issue in the local shop’s hands. Sounds cool.

And what n0ahg says.
Old 2012-08-20, 21:54

Thanks. That makes it much easier since I can order it through the school bookstore. It is awesome to get such a quick response from an astute Mayor such as yourself. Now if only your community could get their hands on that dreaded Hamburgler....
Old 2012-08-20, 22:43

I’ve always been a fan of how Propellerhead gives legitimate students and teachers a chance to become full-fledged Reason owners for around a $100 discount. Of course, it’s good business as well as publicity; they all become hooked on Reason and shell out major clams for upgrades and now for mass quatities of Rack Extensions as well. BTW, the term “Academic” version is now replaced by “Student / Teacher” version.

And thanks for asking how things are in McBurgerville. That nefarious criminal character is currently being contained under wraps: