Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-08-24, 22:22

test

test test test test test test

Last edited by Liberty; 2013-03-11 at 01:53. Reason: test
Old 2012-08-25, 04:34

That's my favourite track from that great album so you had me there. Loved the video, had a very nice ease about it and the documentary style worked very well. I think it's a real nice piece. I never listen to this type of music usually but I could relate.
Synth Rock
Old 2012-08-25, 05:03

I really like that you put some of your personality into this with the candid clips before the song, really made me connect with you and want to hear more. The vibe of the song is really nice - you've got some production chops. Video is really nice as well.

I would tighten up those beats big time! I know it may be scary to quantize for fear of losing feel, but some of those beats are leaving "feel" territory and entering measures they don't belong in! Try quantizing even at 50% and you'll hear everything get pulled in like a bride in a corset - and I always do a visual sweep of my midi data to make sure everything is kosher.

Nice work, you've got vision.
Old 2012-08-27, 18:01

Hey Liberty ' Nice job Bro / Cooler locations ! I dont actualy know the song ' But i do now Good work sir ' when i streamed it, the sync Video &Vox was out ever so slightly ? but that does seem to happen somtimes even with the most popular vids / Jamie aka Mad_ManX
Old 2012-08-27, 23:09

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpPropellaed View Post
Hey Liberty ' Nice job Bro / Cooler locations ! I dont actualy know the song ' But i do now Good work sir ' when i streamed it, the sync Video &Vox was out ever so slightly ? but that does seem to happen somtimes even with the most popular vids / Jamie aka Mad_ManX
Thank you! And yes I did my best to sync them but you are right some clips are slightly out of sync. Next time I'll double check before I export because I find sometimes the other clips may nudge them over while editing. Appreciate the feedback!
Old 2012-08-25, 00:56

I like you direction!

Maybe add a 'little' more melody to the way you deliver the chorus. It'c kind of
mechanical.
Old 2012-08-27, 04:08

Alright! Thanks guys! I really do appreciate the feedback, its not very often I can find constructive criticism on the internet lol.

@tincture Yeah I used to not love hip hop music much just because of its stereotypical attitude the mainstream has been giving it lately. Now I just appreciate it as poetry and just generally ignore what the media is trying to implement. Thank you for the comment!

@ethday Thank you, I apologize for my crazy personality though haha, I like to joke around way too often but I like to add a little individuality and I'm glad you acknowledged that. I find a lot of that is missing in music you know...

And the beat.... Yes I had realized that only after the fact :/ I had forgotten about how you can quantize on a percentage basis though, most of the time I quantize then use the ReGroove mixer to bring life to it again. I'll definitely be using that from now on! So thank you for the generous reply, I appreciate your time.

@Phyllie Thank you! And your right the chorus does need a supporting melody to fill it up more and uplift the vibe. I'll keep your suggestion in mind when I make my next track!

Thanks again guys