Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-08-26, 05:08

rewire as fx/ routing Virtual I/Os

Is it possible to rewire Reason into another daw to be used as an fx rack on tracks? Just to try routing tracks into Reason fx from another daw and back to record it. A faster work flow than importing and exporting between applications. Old sessions in other daws can be remixed and or enhanced for simple experimentation. Like sends and returns virtualy through Reason.

Last edited by efremc; 2012-08-26 at 05:51. Reason: addition
Old 2012-08-26, 08:16

No is the simple answer. ReWire will allow passing audio from Slave (Reason) to Host (Cubase etc.) but not the other way. MIDI is the opposite.

You'd have to export/import stems.

ReFills: OSC + Filter - Super Mono-Synth
Old 2012-08-26, 11:11

Or you do what I do and do the producing in Reason and the final mixing in another application You can even do both at once if you either have a hefty computer (Rewire) and don't care so much about latency (lots of channels and fx requires higher latency settings) or connect two computers via a multichannel audio interface (like I do).