Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Music Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-01, 14:33

Limited time thing ~ Yo, whatcha think? Reggae tune...

This was a temporary example and the file has been removed

Props, please allow us to delete threads. Or if you see this one, take a second and just delete it.

Thank you.

Last edited by RasCricket; 2012-09-02 at 21:33.
Old 2012-09-01, 15:01

You caught me with a cup of coffee and this is a nice way to start the day. I like the song and you’ve done fine work. My suggestions:

1. The solo vocal seems slightly left at all times, which is fine when the Neptune harmony comes in slightly right. Maybe move the solo vocal straight center at times when no harmony occurs.

2. The bass kick is a bit too present.

Whoever you did it for, they should be mighty happy and gladly shell out mass quantities of clams in appreciation.
Old 2012-09-01, 15:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese View Post
You caught me with a cup of coffee and this is a nice way to start the day. I like the song and you’ve done fine work. My suggestions:

1. The solo vocal seems slightly left at all times, which is fine when the Neptune harmony comes in slightly right. Maybe move the solo vocal straight center at times when no harmony occurs.

2. The bass kick is a bit too present.

Whoever you did it for, they should be mighty happy and gladly shell out mass quantities of clams in appreciation.
Totally, thanks.

There's one big reason Im seeing if this flies, and Im seeing if anyone can detect it. Odds completely are, its NOT detectable, and only I know. O.o

New kinda trick/technique that ill say what it is after a reply or two more.

Mayor = thanks for taking a second ~ Cheers

(Vocal is SO left....lol - sigh...I blame the 6 hours, but good call)
Old 2012-09-02, 00:31

Ahh, no more replies - no worries.

"Audio Quantize" was the new thing I did to this track. I havent had much experience doing it with multiple tracks.

The mind screw is knowing the parts of the beat that werent perfect before I did the Quantize. I was wanting to see if anyone thought there were many or any timing errors.

I dont think there are :P

It all went so fast im not entirely sure. +30 views so thanks for listening, just wish it prompted a few more replies. Thanks again, Mayor for helpin out
Old 2012-09-02, 00:39

Most people don't trust sites that aint SC.
Old 2012-09-02, 00:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigant View Post
Most people don't trust sites that aint SC.
Yeah, thats a bummer = I have a page there, but its Reggae community never...really attracted me ~ Interestingly, I found a better scene over at Soundclick.

Theres a few websites I have my music up at = I didnt want that artist to know I posted the track, haha, so I didnt want to put it on one of my pages :P

So I thought Sendspace = that way, all the peeps in the User side of the fence around here can check it out and its still on the downlow.

I can assure you, theres nothing weird about the download or file.

But....maybe I should put it on my barely ever used SC page, cuz I doubt anyone would be checking there.

Thanks Bigant

That said: Are you also too wary of that Sendspace link, Bigant, or did ya check out the tune? Id rather have people check it than be afraid so maybe I will just put it up on SC.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:47

Hey Ras, seems I missed the boat on this one but just wanted to drop by and say I gave it a listen when originally posted and it sounded great!

Super heavy, speaker-bustin' sounds as always from you. Very nicely mixed and produced, and the track itself is niiiice - very catchy and has a genuine rootsy 'warmth' to it.

Good job mate. Look forward to hearing a finished version soon.