Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-01, 21:03

Question Who's disappointed in the Re's.

Every time I want to use re's demos, I have to take out ignition key and log in to propellerheads to get them to work but when I put ignition key back in they dissapear and I have to write on key each re to get to work normal way but can't do that with demos.

Also I'm dissappointed in the quality in re synths ie I ain't seen anything that the Thor can't do! If I'm going to buy a re I want it to blow me away and sound innovative!

What do you guys think?
Old 2012-09-01, 21:10

I think they are pretty damn good and nicely set up and I've had no problems except the the initial issue with the phrem protocol and the servers being down a couple of times. I use more effects as I have external synths and guitars so don't really need more synth REs (still bought polysix though)
Old 2012-09-01, 21:23

They are probably good but you have to push them, but in the example demo songs I ain't heard anything that a Thor couldnt do.
Old 2012-09-01, 21:30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markomarkh View Post
They are probably good but you have to push them, but in the example demo songs I ain't heard anything that a Thor couldnt do.
You're probably right about synths, but 30 days trials works only in that kind of way you've described & will work like that anyway!
Old 2012-09-01, 21:31

If you have to take the IK out just to run anything then you've got a deeper problem either with your system or a dodgy IK.

Apart from a few server downs, no issues here with writing RE licenses to IK. Go to your account page and on the RE tab hit Manage Licenses and try to re-authorize everything.

Demos themselves still require a full log on. But you should not have to take the IK out to do this.
Old 2012-09-01, 21:36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggeryPokery View Post
If you have to take the IK out just to run anything then you've got a deeper problem either with your system or a dodgy IK.

Apart from a few server downs, no issues here with writing RE licenses to IK. Go to your account page and on the RE tab hit Manage Licenses and try to re-authorize everything.

Demos themselves still require a full log on. But you should not have to take the IK out to do this.
Yeah, his description kinda bugs me, coz you don't even need a red monster to use 30 days trials!
Old 2012-09-01, 22:31

Can't say i'm disappointed with RE's. My rack has expanded ALOT with so many useful devices now
The only criticism is that I can't afford all of the ones i want right now but hey that's life!
I love the polysix synth, it's amazing for what i need it for, quality sound, easy to use and even if you can replicate lets say one of my polysix patches in thor, i bet it's 10x quicker with polysix
Anyway, even though it seems rack extensions have been out for a while now it's still early days with many more RE's to come, let's hope you get the type of synth you're after
Old 2012-09-01, 22:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by markomarkh View Post
Every time I want to use re's demos, I have to take out ignition key and log in to propellerheads to get them to work but when I put ignition key back in they dissapear and I have to write on key each re to get to work normal way but can't do that with demos.

Also I'm dissappointed in the quality in re synths ie I ain't seen anything that the Thor can't do! If I'm going to buy a re I want it to blow me away and sound innovative!

What do you guys think?
I don't have that problem with the demos, but even if you don't have demo devices installed, you would have to have your ignition key anyway. Or if not, you would have to do an internet verification which would require you to log in anyway.

You are right about the part with Thor though. Thor is a beast and every other RE synth is either equal or not as good. That is why the only REs I get are things Reason does not already have, or stuff that Reason have already but someone did a better version of it. (eg. the Softube FET compressor, the TSAR-1 Reverb, Ozone Maximizer etc.) I don't even know why developers would waste time developing stuff that Reason already have. Im up to about $1000 and Im willing to keep buying stuff as long as its something interesting, different, and something I would actually use. Like that ReStereo... WOW!!! I demoed it for like 15-20 seconds and bought it right away, same with Radical Piano, Polar and a bunch others. My advice is don't get the RE synths if you know the synths in Reason are capable of giving you the same sound, and maybe after they realize the synths are not selling they would start making other stuff. Even if they want to make something that is available to us already, I think they need to make sure its better and people would definitely buy them. I think you should contact Propellerheads about that ignition key problem though.

Last edited by onemidi; 2012-09-01 at 23:01.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:11

I'm having no IK problems here with demos or otherwise.

Predator's pretty cool. You might be able to do everything it can do in Reason already with a bunch of skills and devices, but it gives a wealth of useful sound design options in one device. It makes me think of Subtractor on steroids then doused in acid.

The only thing I don't like is the RE's are typically more CPU intensive than I'm used to Reason being, but I am one of those people who always likes to have my cake and eat it too and never gain weight or have any acne problems.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Old 2012-09-01, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlejunkie View Post

The only thing I don't like is the RE's are typically more CPU intensive than I'm used to Reason being, but I am one of those people who always likes to have my cake and eat it too and never gain weight or have any acne problems.
Well it can't put any more hair on your chest, Chewie