Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-07, 04:34

is it possible to revert to an older version of a rack extension after an upgrade?

is it possible to revert to an older version of a rack extension after an upgrade?

i noticed that some patches changed significantly after i upgraded my korg polysix.

also, why don't you have a page where we can see what the bug fixes were for each minor upgrade of a rack extension?

cheers and thanks
Old 2012-09-07, 05:41

It seems to be a bit bassackwards.

If you start a trial, and there's an upgrade/update, you're stuck on the version that was in place when you started your trial.

but, when you "buy" you get the current version - not the one you tried.

In the US, at least, that's called "bait and switch".

There's no way to downgrade your RE, not in today's model...but the older versions are online, so it's technically possible.

Send an email to support asking for the older version you trialed and purchased instead of the update. no promises on results you will get, but requests like that will at least challenge the current model.

HP Pavillion DV7T-3300 Laptop | i7 Q720 @ 1.6 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win7 Pro 64-bit
m-audio Axiom Pro 61 keyboard controller || iPad2 | RetouchControl DUO | TouchOSC | LoopBe30 MIDI
m-audio Mobile Pre USB (original) audio interface | ASIO4ALL || RØDE NT-3 mic
Reason 6.5.3 || Pulsar | Saturation Knob | Rough Rider | TSAR-1 | Uhbik-A | Re-Tron | Polar | Echobode | Uhbik Q | Uhbik F | Morfin XF | Uhbik S | Uhbik D | Uhbik G | CV Suite Line Processor | wbl5515 | Uhbik P | RE-2A | Radical Piano
Old 2012-09-07, 08:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
i noticed that some patches changed significantly after i upgraded my korg polysix.
I'd report this as a bug to Korg as REs are supposed to be backwards compatible and any updates aren't allowed to charge the sound produced. As props said, a song made in 2000 should load and play the same today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danm View Post
also, why don't you have a page where we can see what the bug fixes were for each minor upgrade of a rack extension?
Again contact Korg!
Old 2012-09-07, 09:49

You can find fixed issues here:

http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/polysix/
Reason 6.5, Radical Piano, Radical Keys, Korg Polysix, Re-Tron, Polar, Pulsar, Saturation Knob, RoughRider, Loudness Meter, Uhbik-A, Echobode, PDT2, PCV, Glitch, Morfin XF Crossfader, WBL 5515, CV Suite Line Processor, ReMark, Scope Junior, Line 6 Pod Farm, Chris Hein Guitars, Rayzoon Jamstix, Studio One 2.6 Professional, Reaper, Cakewalk UA-25 EX, Clavia Nord Stage, AMD Turion 64x2, Windows 7 32-bit, 4 GB RAM

Old 2012-09-09, 12:01

Does this regard stock patches, or also initial patches you've crafted yourself?
Presumably both would be affected.

Do you think the issues are related to the lfo/arp sync functions, or to the note/cv velocity range?
(as seen in the 1.04 change log on the product page)

Is anyone else noticing this?
Old 2012-09-11, 19:58

So yeah, I upgraded to most recent version of the polysix and all of my problems seem to be solved. I upgraded it yet again (I first had version 1.0.1. I then upgraded to 1.0.2 which caused the problem. it went away with version 1.0.4 somehow).

thanks for all of your help though.

cheers
Old 2012-09-11, 19:59

and yeah, it was only regarding patches i made myself.
Old 2012-09-11, 20:48

So with the latest version all sounds are back as they originally where?
That is good to hear. I was hesitating to upgrade after reading this thread.

Thanks for the info!