Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Old 2012-09-24, 16:55
brendanmuse

best way to seperate redrum channels into own tracks ?

hello all

i have made a simle 1 bar loop in redrum using about 8 sound , kick, hi hat , snare , cymbal , ride etc

what is the best way to put each sound on its own track , so that i can also add different effects or processing to each sound seperately .

so i might want to add a scream to the hi hat but not the kick . i might want to compress the kik but not the cymbal .

hope that makes sense , any help/advice is much appreciated

cheers
Old 2012-09-24, 17:05

I've splitted all tracks in to seperate mix channels just by connecting them. Then I join all drum tracks together in one mix channel. Does this help you in any way?
Old 2012-09-24, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanmuse View Post
hello all

i have made a simle 1 bar loop in redrum using about 8 sound , kick, hi hat , snare , cymbal , ride etc

what is the best way to put each sound on its own track , so that i can also add different effects or processing to each sound seperately .

so i might want to add a scream to the hi hat but not the kick . i might want to compress the kik but not the cymbal .

hope that makes sense , any help/advice is much appreciated

cheers
When you create a device or effect, hold down shift while you create it. Then press tab and you will notice that It's not connected to anything. Than simply route as desired. I like to separate all my drum tracks too. Sometimes I'll have 20 effects on just one channel

Also if using the Redrum, whatever channel is not connected to anything will automatically route to the master out. So you could use the master for a group of channels that you want to apply the same effects too .

Cheers
Old 2012-09-24, 17:10
brendanmuse

thanks whoopdee .
i am going to upgrade to reason 6 and give this a go . i know what you are saying .
thanks all for the advice .
Old 2012-09-24, 18:34

Hey,

I guess your question is already answered. Anyways, my solution is attached, I've put an Equalizer and Comp to every Drumslot. If you wanna add Effects on single drumhits, just right click on the equalizer and insert it.

Greetz
Attached Files
File Type: zip blankodrumz2.zip (2.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 2012-09-24, 20:10

To put each drum to separate track lane you can copy pattern to track, mark that track and press F8 and then Use Extract Notes to Lane, mark Explode and click Move.
Old 2012-09-24, 21:23
brendanmuse

cheers for that ruedens , much apreciated .

thanks marc64