Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-09-25, 17:21

Angry The great automation into noteclip Issues!!

Hello!

There are two things that bother me!

(1)

Why Is there no function where I can select automatic record automation into noteclip when I start a new project??

(2)

ECHOBODE do not allow automation into noteclip (It goes on a seperate layer)

BLAMSOFT do not allow automation into noteclip (It goes on a seperate layer)

RV7000 do not allow automation into noteclip (It goes on a seperate layer)

Uhbik A do not allow automation into noteclip (It doesent even goes on a separate layer?)

WHY!?

Come one! I think every instrument/fx machine etc shoud have this possibility

There is probably many reasons "hehehe" why it is not working yet but i hope it will be fixed in the future. Im spending thousands of cash for all those wounderfull instrument etc because i Love Reason but it hur my soul that it is not Perfect! Come one give us some wonderful updates and fixes!

This is annoying. Even if I minimize it takes large space. Right?

Thanks/FogstridEr

Last edited by NMRosta; 2012-09-25 at 17:34.
Old 2012-09-25, 18:40

I believe that "performance" data goes into note clips, but "Parameter" data does not. It's a Reason thing (not a RE thing) that probably won't be changed any time soon if I'm understanding it correctly.

"Performance" data (pitch bend, modulation, etc) goes in the note lanes (logically, really), while "Parameter" data goes on it's on lanes. Read more on the difference in the Help Viewer. :-)
USA
Old 2012-09-25, 19:10

I have read all help viewers i can find thats why im writing in this forum, not because it is fun...

I dont know if im clear enought but all im saying is that all automation (and parameters data) shoud be in a layer that i can minimize more than just a little (as you can se on the picture it goes away pretty fast) and i like to work with many instrument/efekts when im making music.

If it is not a Re thing i hope that propellerhead make this small change because it cant be that hard to just have one tiny little minimize funktion. I hope Propellerhead fix it.

It still a awsome program but sometimes im drowning in all those layers. I use to work with the rack in the combinator to avoid the layers..

give us more opportunities
Old 2012-09-25, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by selig View Post
I believe that "performance" data goes into note clips, but "Parameter" data does not. It's a Reason thing (not a RE thing) that probably won't be changed any time soon if I'm understanding it correctly.

"Performance" data (pitch bend, modulation, etc) goes in the note lanes (logically, really), while "Parameter" data goes on it's on lanes. Read more on the difference in the Help Viewer. :-)
Not entirely true. When you select "Record automation into Note Clip" in the Options menu, "parameter data" also gets recorded into the clips and you get no extra lanes. This is a very good feature if you use a lot of automation and don't want to scroll through hundreds of automation lanes in the sequencer.

One irritating thing (as the OP points to) is that this option unticks itself when you create or open a new document, unlike all the other items on the Options menu. I actually reported this as a bug once during beta testing, but got no reply. I would like to be able to have this option set at all times.
Old 2012-09-25, 19:23

Im using Record automation into Note clip all the times! But as i wrote, there is some instrument/efects that still goes as a new layer when im making changes so im drowning in hundreds of automation lanes in the sequencer even if i have marked (record automation into note clip)

And if propellerhead can´t fix that i sugess that they atleast fix som kind of minimize opption.

Old 2012-09-25, 19:28

I guess the issue has to do with devices that don't have or need note tracks - if there's no note track, how can you record automation into it!?!? :-)

(or am I missing something ELSE essential here?) ;-)

[also, sounds like the feature already exists, it's just not 'persistent' in that it's setting isn't saved with the song file - correct?]
USA
Old 2012-09-25, 19:38

Yes the issue is about those device that don´t have or need note track.

It goes like this:

I create a track "as you can se in the picture" The problem is that the automation that i record goes into difrent layers for every specifik changes that i make. (And thats why im drowning)

This is the problem

[also, sounds like the feature already exists, it's just not 'persistent' in that it's setting isn't saved with the song file - correct?]

I have made my own emty song where i have made so it shoud be (record automation into note clip) but without sucess.

It shoud be like it is with Korg (everything get recordet) and putted into only one layer.

Last edited by NMRosta; 2012-09-25 at 19:46.
Old 2012-09-25, 23:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypothalamus View Post
One irritating thing (as the OP points to) is that this option unticks itself when you create or open a new document, unlike all the other items on the Options menu. I actually reported this as a bug once during beta testing, but got no reply. I would like to be able to have this option set at all times.
arrrrrgh

this is what I'm always talking about Props. your weird little design choices that might seem very clever when you come up with them but serve more as gotchas just because it's one more little quirk to learn.

like the way Kong doesn't remember your output routing when you load different samples. argh argh argh
Old 2012-09-25, 23:36

I agree with this request. It would be useful to be able to condense multiple automation lanes to a single lane so it's easier to chop and edit. It especially makes sense for effects devices.
Old 2012-09-26, 07:13

Thank you! Finally someone who agrees with me.