Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-09-30, 19:52

Pulsar and RE Question

A few weeks ago I updated to 6.5 and downloaded the free Pulsar.
I don't remember the details of how I accomplished this, whether it was an automated process that updated Reason or not, but I cannot find any downloaded file that contains the Pulsar update.

If this is something that is a "behind the scenes" process, and no downloaded files that we can find, then what happens when someone switches to a new machine and has no backup of the update? Refills can be saved and backed up, but what about REs like Pulsar?

Perhaps there is a thread or other documentaion about this somewhere already that I might have missed or not understood.

Thanks for any help
Old 2012-09-30, 19:57

transfer lisence to dongle
Old 2012-09-30, 20:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMint View Post
A few weeks ago I updated to 6.5 and downloaded the free Pulsar.
I don't remember the details of how I accomplished this, whether it was an automated process that updated Reason or not, but I cannot find any downloaded file that contains the Pulsar update.

If this is something that is a "behind the scenes" process, and no downloaded files that we can find, then what happens when someone switches to a new machine and has no backup of the update? Refills can be saved and backed up, but what about REs like Pulsar?

Perhaps there is a thread or other documentaion about this somewhere already that I might have missed or not understood.

Thanks for any help
Installing RE's is not an automated process; you have to visit the RE Store and select to demo or buy an RE. Though, if you do then at that point the process is fairly automated...

Assuming you did that (and transferred your Pulsar license to your key), then it should appear in your list of available devices when running Reason (Create => Utilities => Pulsar Dual LFO) without having to log in using Internet Verification.

If Pulsar isn't available to you, then you didn't demo/buy it, or you didn't transfer the license to your Ignition Key.

All Rack Extensions are stored in the following areas on Windows:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions

I can't remember where they are at on OSX. That said, they should be deleted from Authorizer. Make sense? Additionally, you should always make sure your licenses are transferred to your key so in cases like this Tuesday (when Props migrate servers and everything is shut down), you can still use your purchased RE's. To check and make sure any licenses are on your key that you own, on the website go to Your Account => Rack Extensions => Manage Licenses.

Last edited by EnochLight; 2012-09-30 at 20:04. Reason: Moar
Old 2012-09-30, 20:09

Thanks for the quick replies.

Good to know. Honestly, I never launch Reason using the key - always using internet verification (which is one reason that I like the way Propellerhead implemented their dongle). The last time I used the ignition key was when I first loaded the 6.0 upgrade.
So I just plug in my key and the Pulsar liscense is automatically updted?
Old 2012-09-30, 20:02

http://shop.propellerheads.se/
watch video

Last edited by moneykube; 2012-09-30 at 20:08.
Old 2012-09-30, 20:17

Cool - thanks!
Old 2012-10-01, 08:31

If you need to install your REs on a new machine, just log into your account here on the web site, go to the RE Store page, and click "Download". The ones you've bought (or got for free) will only show a Download link instead of the Try and Buy links.

You can download it on as many computers as you need I believe, it just won't show up in Reason unless you're logged in or you have the ignition key plugged in.
Old 2012-10-01, 13:31

Thanks much!