Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Old 2012-10-02, 16:06

Some kind of Super Matrix for Kong ?

HI folks,

don't u miss, like me, some neat XoX sequencer for the kong ?
I mean a 16 rows, variable time signature & length for each row & maybe more goodies.
I made the combi shown by james Bernard...ok it works, but man, it take huge space for pretty much nothing :-(
We could almost get the 16 rows on 1 redrum.
& it's just a plain inelegant way to do it ;-)

I'm learning bass guitar, i try to play keyboard, i really don't feel like learning to play pads, so i'd really love to be able to make complex rhythms on a well thought device.
& i think it would be easy to implement.

So what do you guys think about that ?
Old 2012-10-03, 04:09

I totally agree, something that can be midi triggered as well, like midi functional redrum sequencer.

Also on the note of drum editing, is there away to get the 16th/32 even 64th notes numbered when in drum edit mode? because my eyes get extremely tired counting to say the 28th note when I want to draw in a couple of hi-hats or whatever.

I mean its great the bass drum is labelled but what about when I want it on the 11th note? why can't that be labelled s well?
Old 2012-10-03, 04:46

i agree with the drum editing thing, it's so tiresome i don't even do it.
having it on the step sequencer would help a lot too, i can't remember the times i wish i could have more precision for the redrum.
I know you can do all these things in the sequencer, but i hate to do it, i find these operations so uneasy to operate, i see nothing on the timeline but grey lines
Old 2012-10-04, 04:19

I think propellerhead need to take a page out of the fruityloops book and get a nice sequencer thing going it would be a major improvement for the drums. I haven't used FL for years but I miss its interface for programming drums
Old 2012-10-04, 09:31

Good idea!
How about having a new midi track editor window with holes in them like this > [] <
Then each row to the left hand side has it where you can change the time signature in a drop down menu.
Or you can raise the volume inside the box up-down or highlight all of them and move it left to right to adjust the swing.

Last edited by jayrome; 2012-10-04 at 09:34.
Old 2012-10-04, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa View Post
I think propellerhead need to take a page out of the fruityloops book and get a nice sequencer thing going it would be a major improvement for the drums. I haven't used FL for years but I miss its interface for programming drums
Me too it's the best!
Old 2012-10-04, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa View Post
the very best! ;-)
Old 2012-10-06, 14:34

You can actually use Redrum's sequencer to control Kong. I don't use matrix but that might be possible as well.
Old 2012-10-07, 15:35

I think we will see something like this in an RE. If we can have the PDT2, bring on the sequencers.

If you have an iPad, Phaedra is a sweet step sequencer. its only 4 channels, but it does the thing its supposed to do.
Old 2012-10-04, 21:55

I use redrums and matrix all the time to launch other stuff so yhea a super matrix that sound crazy !

It's like gambling !!!
but you get something out the slot everytime you click ! lol

▓▓▓
dಠಠb
_(Θ)_

No Respect for the Talion Law , I whant it All !