Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-02, 17:51

Smile New trance/stepish demo - clouds

reworked after some helpful advice from here , added bottom end bass worked on the drum's a little
messed a bit with arrangement still not happy i just cant get the sound you guy's get out of reason any tip's
on fx for quality would be appreciated
track clouds version 2
thanks for all your help so far
http://soundcloud.com/
onemadmanc

go easy on me i am still learning

Last edited by onemadmanc; 2012-10-03 at 02:06.
Old 2012-10-02, 18:09

Not really sure I'd qualify this as chillstep myself, it sounds a bit too basic trancy to me. Some drumvariations might help.
And maybe you could throw an Alligator on those synthpads and play with tripletgating a bit. It's also missing a tasty bass underneath it all in my opinion.

Maybe check this guy out for some chillstep inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BsUd_0tXnE

Other than that, dare to be more playful with everything, it's just too static in its current state.
Old 2012-10-02, 18:32

Great advice that's what i like about this forum , thanks for the link i will take on board what you said , still learning and absorbing advice.
thanks rlubeck
Old 2012-10-02, 19:12

I think this has the makings of a great track. It's quite elegant and stately! I agree it could do with some drum fills and some mixing up in the arrangement but it's got a great groove to it and the reesey style bass sounds great. good work.

https://soundcloud.com/snakeofjune

Loading SoundCloud…
Old 2012-10-02, 20:12

Thnaks going back to work on this track with all the advice taken in , my week point's in music production are arrangement and i just cant get the sound quality you guy's get out of reason , but learning is the key and advice is appreciated greatly ,
thanks again snakeofjune and rlubeck for your valuable input , i hope to re post this track better and bigger
tommy aka onemadmanc