Propellerhead Software
Old 2012-10-05, 02:29
acebanner

Figure exporting loops into ableton

Figure is a great program but I can't get ableton to import the loops on time/cue with warp enabled because figure exports the loops with all the decay tails at the end. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get the loops playing nicely with warp enabled?I know you can disable warp but if my loops are not the same bpm I am screwed yes? Is there something else I am not thinking of. I am waiting for admin approval at the ableton forum to post over there so thats why I am here..

Thanks

Last edited by acebanner; 2012-10-05 at 02:34.
Old 2012-10-05, 07:51

Smile

Just slice the audio clip after the correct amount of bars and get rid of the tail to turn it into a loop.

I'm not sure you can do this directly with Ableton. You'll probably need a small wave editor for this (you can create a shortcut within Live IIRC).
Old 2012-12-03, 10:09
TurtleBeats

Hey

I've been looking around but I can't seem to figure out how to import the loops from figure to ableton at all.

How do you do it?

Thanks
Old 2012-12-03, 10:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBeats View Post
Hey

I've been looking around but I can't seem to figure out how to import the loops from figure to ableton at all.

How do you do it?

Thanks
Export the loop to iTunes on your computer and then import it into Live.
Old 2012-12-06, 07:30
TurtleBeats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonezMcCoy View Post
Export the loop to iTunes on your computer and then import it into Live.
When you do that the file is exported from Figure as an .ipa file. Live doesn't recognise this file type and I can't seem to find a converter to change it to a more suitable file. I've seen people using the loops they've made from Figure in Live so I know it's possible.

How exactly do you import it?
Old 2012-12-06, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBeats View Post
When you do that the file is exported from Figure as an .ipa file. Live doesn't recognise this file type and I can't seem to find a converter to change it to a more suitable file. I've seen people using the loops they've made from Figure in Live so I know it's possible.

How exactly do you import it?
Huh? Mine exports AIFF files. Read the manual.