Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2012-10-15, 16:07
something something is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Question [KONG] Add Effects to Particular PAD only?

Does anyone know if there is a way to add for instance a Pulveriser to a single pad only, which does not affect other pads?

Having the reDrum triggering the Kong.
  #2  
Old 2012-10-15, 16:38
devilfish's Avatar
devilfish devilfish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,074
use the single-output of the respective pad?
  #3  
Old 2012-10-15, 18:57
something something is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
use the single-output of the respective pad?
Not sure how you mean that?
  #4  
Old 2012-10-16, 15:37
devilfish's Avatar
devilfish devilfish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by something View Post
Not sure how you mean that?
sorry my english is not the best

you have 16 Pads and 16 outputs..
So a separate output for each pad..
  #5  
Old 2012-10-16, 16:29
something something is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
sorry my english is not the best

you have 16 Pads and 16 outputs..
So a separate output for each pad..
What output do you mean?
Gate Out?

Anyway, i already found a solution posted by ShelLuser
Thanks for your time
  #6  
Old 2012-10-17, 10:25
devilfish's Avatar
devilfish devilfish is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by something View Post
What output do you mean?
Gate Out?

Anyway, i already found a solution posted by ShelLuser
Thanks for your time
Gate-Out ??? :-?

Also die Gate-"Eingänge" führen keine Audio Signale..
die Führen nur Steuersignale. Außerdem sind das Eingänge, KEINE Ausgänge!

Mach dir nen Combinator mit einem Mixer Hinten dran..
Dann hast du für jedes Pad nen einzelnen Kanalzug und gut ist

peace!
  #7  
Old 2012-10-16, 17:48
jaeppel's Avatar
jaeppel jaeppel is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 943
If you want to do this sort of thing alot, maybe make a template song with 16 mix channels and Kong set to send each pad to each output. Then you can add whatever processing you want directly to the mix channel combinators.

The other way, simpler for just a couple parts, is to put separate outputs into an Fx chain, then mix them ina 6 or 14 submixer, back into the Kong Inputs. This way you can still mix the parts seperately, but have all of them on a single SSL channel. Depends if you want to work in the rack or on the big mixer.
__________________
MS20 mini, XStation, Monotribe, MalletKAT,
Reason, Recycle, Reaper, Tassman, Chromaphone,
Radical Piano, ReTron, Antidote, Polar, PolySix, Buffre.
  #8  
Old 2012-10-16, 22:39
something something is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeppel View Post
If you want to do this sort of thing alot, maybe make a template song with 16 mix channels and Kong set to send each pad to each output. Then you can add whatever processing you want directly to the mix channel combinators.

The other way, simpler for just a couple parts, is to put separate outputs into an Fx chain, then mix them ina 6 or 14 submixer, back into the Kong Inputs. This way you can still mix the parts seperately, but have all of them on a single SSL channel. Depends if you want to work in the rack or on the big mixer.
Thanks for your input, but since i'm a Reason beginner with actually no routing knowledge this goes far beyond my understanding right now.

Already got something working thanks to ShelLuser.
  #9  
Old 2012-10-15, 17:52
ShelLuser's Avatar
ShelLuser ShelLuser is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by something View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to add for instance a Pulveriser to a single pad only, which does not affect other pads?

Having the reDrum triggering the Kong.
There are a few options here...

If its only about the Pulveriser you can set it up as a send effect. Flip the rack, click "show drum & FX" and then use the breakout jacks to hookup the Pulveriser. Click the pad which audio you want to sent to Pulveriser, then find the "Send" section in the pads, well, mixer section I suppose.

Raise the "Bus FX" dial and the audio will be send through the Kong.

This doesn't effect other pads, as long as you don't raise their Bus FX as well (obviously).

Another option...

Hookup the Pulveriser to one of the Kong's Aux send outs (at the lower left corner of the main screen). However, you'll have to send the output of Pulveriser either directly into a mix channel or, also possible, back in Kongs audio input. Then you can use the Aux 1 or 2 dials.

Another option...

Click the pad (make sure programming section is visible), find "Drum output" at the bottom; change this to a different output. 3/4 for example. Connect 3/4 output to Pulveriser and connect Pulversiser... Well, see above.


So bottom line; plenty of options available to play with.
__________________
With kind regards,

Peter

Using the Big Trio: Live 9 Suite, Max (for Live) and Reason 6.5.
Spam: SynthFan.info

  #10  
Old 2012-10-15, 18:53
something something is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelLuser View Post
There are a few options here...

If its only about the Pulveriser you can set it up as a send effect. Flip the rack, click "show drum & FX" and then use the breakout jacks to hookup the Pulveriser. Click the pad which audio you want to sent to Pulveriser, then find the "Send" section in the pads, well, mixer section I suppose.

Raise the "Bus FX" dial and the audio will be send through the Kong.

This doesn't effect other pads, as long as you don't raise their Bus FX as well (obviously).

Another option...

Hookup the Pulveriser to one of the Kong's Aux send outs (at the lower left corner of the main screen). However, you'll have to send the output of Pulveriser either directly into a mix channel or, also possible, back in Kongs audio input. Then you can use the Aux 1 or 2 dials.

Another option...

Click the pad (make sure programming section is visible), find "Drum output" at the bottom; change this to a different output. 3/4 for example. Connect 3/4 output to Pulveriser and connect Pulversiser... Well, see above.


So bottom line; plenty of options available to play with.

After messing around for a while i was able to get the last option to work.



Thanks for the help

I see cabling and routing has a learning curve and requires audio knowledge (Bus FX, what the heck is that? LOL).
If someone knows a good and easy to understand tutorial on this then i would be happy to know.


EDIT:

The only issue you get with the example above is that you can only do this with 1 pad, as there is only 1 audio input (L+R) on the back of Kong.

So i guess creating channels for each pad is the only way to fix this?

Last edited by something; 2012-10-15 at 19:03.
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Embarrassing effects in Record tiftof Phead User Forum (read only) 41 2011-03-13 04:36
How add effects to a single note? tintala Phead User Forum (read only) 34 2010-12-11 22:02
Why does soloing on the mixer steal the redrum aux effects? ceffe General Forum (read only) 5 2002-08-29 09:34


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:48.